Author Topic: Information  (Read 1718 times)

Offline AndyD

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Information
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2019, 06:56:57 PM »
No worries
Actually looking at the collection of fiches I lied a bit - it's thousands rather than hundreds of the little blighters!
Lots of duplicates and different issues of the same bikes etc.
Started sorting them into some kind of order so shouldn't be too hard to find what is or isn't there.
Had a quick look and there are quite a few CB500 / 550 fiches and even some US models but I don't know enough about the various models to know if they're all covered etc.
Scanning is a bit of a slow, long-winded process but so far I've made up reasonable parts manuals for some of the bikes I'm working on and for others so happy to have a go if anything specific is needed.
Cheers,
Andy

Offline Laverda Dave

• SOHC Jedi
  • Health is wealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2019, 07:55:42 PM »
Andy, you did a great job scanning the CB250RSA microfiche for me in 2017. Without it I couldn't have rebuilt the bike so thanks again 👍.
I promised to send the manual to Ash for scanning to his Dropbox link but I had to hang onto it whilst I had the piston melting issue!!! Now that's solved 🤞🤞, and I have a new scanner I'll scan the manual and send to Ash.
1976 Honda 400/4
1977 Rickman Honda CR750
1999 Honda VFR 800FX
1955 750 Dresda Triton
1978 Moto Morini 350 Sport
1978 Honda CB400/4 'Rat' bike
1982 Laverda 120 Jota

Offline AndyD

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2019, 07:50:19 PM »
Bryan,
Sorry I didn't get back earlier - received the fiches the other day and have now scanned them both in for the GL1200.
Took a while - lot of images on this bike and the scanner takes a bit of time to set, focus and scan then convert the image but hopefully it's worthwhile and useful.
It's in two files, max 8mb so I can email together or separately, or stick on a CD and send back along with the fiches if that's better, just let me know.
Going through my fiches I've got another copy of the ones you sent as well as several others (hopefully attached is a photo of the ones I've got here) so if any bits aren't clear on the scanned ones let me know and I can see if there is a better image on another set.
Quality is hugely variable depending on the condition of the fiches, and how long I fiddle with the scanner settings in a cold garage!
Cheers,
Andy

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2019, 08:00:19 PM »
Good of you to do that Andy, must take you hours.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2019, 11:44:30 PM »
Thanks Andy, a cd would be useful to pass onto the GL owner before his epic ride. I take it the bulletins came out OK as well?

You should have my address or do you need me to pm it to you?
Cheers
Bryan

Offline AndyD

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2019, 01:17:01 PM »
Roy,
It takes a bit of time but mainly as the equipment is old and needs frequent tweaking (not me .. the machine!)

Bryan,
OOps - I hadn't spotted the bulletin fiche, just the two for the bike itself!
I'll get this scanned as well and send a disc over next few days if that's OK.
I've got the address from the return label on your letter with the fiches.

Cheers,
Andy

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2019, 02:33:05 PM »
No problem Andy, very gratefull you are doing this for me.
I will of course post the bulletins for all to see, or more probably send them to Ash to put in his cave.

Further information for all, you need to start being very afraid as the wonderful(sic) DVLA have returned my plastic card with HGV entitlement so i go back to being a vampire trucker from next monday. If you see a maroon and white artic with DOWNTON written on it at night it may be me!!!

Offline AndyD

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2019, 07:08:46 PM »
Bryan,
Had a go at the bulletin fiche last night but just couldn't get acceptable scans for some reason. This fiche is positive rather than negative or vice versa and the scanner didn't want to play along despite kind and many unkind words and threats!
I've posted the CD with the bike fiches to you so should be with you next day or so.
As mentioned earlier quality of images varies hugely and scratches / marks on the fiches always seem to cover up the one detail needed - if any specific pages are needed which aren't clear enough just let me know and I'll see if I can scan these from another fiche to help.

Hope it's OK but I've kept the bulletin fiche for a bit longer and I'll try again to get this scanned in when I get a bit more time. If you'd rather it back let me know and I'll post it straight away for you.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2019, 07:23:34 PM »
Do what you can with it Andy it is for the use of all, i have a briefcase size fiche reader but it is a pain to set up, as they all are.
Thanks for what you have done and both me and my mate are gratefull.
Bryan

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2019, 08:09:40 AM »
Andy Disc arrived and works. Quality is fine for what we need. We think it started as a California spec but it now has a UK engine.

Thanks again and just let me know about bulletins when you can.

Cheers
Bryan

Offline AndyD

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2019, 11:45:22 AM »
Bryan,
Had another go at the service bulletin fiche and with much fiddling I think it's come out OK so I've posted the fiche and CD with pdfs on back to you.
Hopefully it's reasonably legible - the fiche was quite badly scratched / marked and is also a different format to the usual ones with smaller images and reversed 'colour' but I was quite pleased how most of the images came out and may be interesting or useful for restorers etc.

Cheers,
Andy

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2019, 02:55:37 PM »
Got it today mate and thank you, hope you kept copies for yourself. It was in a state when i got it from the US.
Already noticed some new to me information on there.
Can i send you some beer vouchers for the work.

Offline AndyD

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2019, 05:45:51 PM »
Bryan,
No problem at all - hope it's useful and at least now it's available to read without a fiche viewer.

Thanks for the offer of vouchers but really no need - about to start rebuilding a 400/4 basketcase I picked up some years ago (bundled with a CJ360T) so no doubt I'll be pestering the forum endlessly for help so if I can return the favour a bit that's fine.

I really must sit down and sort through what I've got sitting here as on top of the fiches there is also a pile of setup manuals and other bits collected over the years which may include some useful bits.

Cheers,
Andy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal