SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB500/550

Tool tray net

<< < (3/3)

sye:

--- Quote from: mickwinf on March 22, 2019, 12:43:29 PM ---that looks like a european type, might be worth getting a uk tray then all will fit properly. also the jetting was different for some countries so may cause running issues.

--- End quote ---

It is a UK tray Mick, I suspect that the previous owner couldn't get the cover and changed to the scoopy sticky up lid. Removed lid and all fits fine now. Happy bunny, thanks.

deltarider:
Actually it is quite simple: the models CB500 that have the intake noise reducer, DUCT ASSY,. AIR CLEANER in Hondaspeak, also run the #78 main jets, the models that have the mesh net, will need #100 main jets. I did some research on it. Most probably it goes back to regulations Germany had on intake noise. In countries that had the same quality of gasoline, like Switzerland, Austria, Holland and Italy you'll find the CB500 equipped likewise.

sye:

--- Quote from: deltarider on March 28, 2019, 09:11:46 PM ---Actually it is quite simple: the models CB500 that have the intake noise reducer, DUCT ASSY,. AIR CLEANER in Hondaspeak, also run the #78 main jets, the models that have the mesh net, will need #100 main jets. I did some research on it. Most probably it goes back to regulations Germany had on intake noise. In countries that had the same quality of gasoline, like Switzerland, Austria, Holland and Italy you'll find the CB500 equipped likewise.

--- End quote ---

Gerben rebuilt the carbs so I have no idea what's fitted. That probably means I need to take a bowl off and find out what size the mains are. It could be that the carbs have been replaced at some stage with #78 mains in and the scoopy lid was added. Can't take a chance, so will take a look and fit the correct cover for the mains, I think? Thanks for the info.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version