SOHC.co.uk Forums > The Black Bomber Board

Sorry DVLA again.

(1/4) > >>

royhall:
I am at present rebuilding my CB450 Black Bomber. It's a UK bike that came with the old style V5 and is not identified on the DVLA website. What's the best way of going about getting it over to a current V5C. Would I be better waiting until the rebuild is finished or can I do it now, it has also had an engine number change due to damaged crank cases. I have no experience of this procedure as I have only had to deal with imports or bikes that already had a V5C up to now. Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Nurse Julie:
So you need to get it on the system. Either wait until its finished, have it MOT'd and about 5 days later it will show on the DVLA system , then do change of owner / engine No. Etc. OR...try and do the admin now but with some bikes, if it is not on the system, DVLA will want to inspect it but it has to be a fully assembled, road worthy bike for them to come and assess it. At this stage they may even not let you use what is the original reg number as its not a complete bike.Either way, the regs will probably change again soon 🙄🙄🙄 and what I have said won't work 😀😁😁

royhall:
Thanks Julie. I was leaning towards waiting until the bike is finished then try and MOT. Just wondering if anybody has managed to do it during the restoration and what it would take. Don't really want to contact DVLA whilst it's apart just in case it sets the ball rolling towards a dreaded Q plate.

Nurse Julie:

--- Quote from: royhall on April 02, 2019, 05:53:06 PM ---Thanks Julie. I was leaning towards waiting until the bike is finished then try and MOT. Just wondering if anybody has managed to do it during the restoration and what it would take. Don't really want to contact DVLA whilst it's apart just in case it sets the ball rolling towards a dreaded Q plate.

--- End quote ---
I know of one person that tried during a rebuild. They contacted DVLA and were told that the reg number on the old style log book was not necessarily the reg number the bike would be issued with on completion of the build as it may have been assigned to another vehicle in the past 50 years or even taken out of circulation when DVLA went over to the new computer system. When he finished his project, he got in touch with DVLA, they inspected the bike and issued a different age related reg number so all got sorted in the end.

royhall:
I would like to keep the present number but as long as it ends up with the correct year reg that will do. Better get on and get it finished then if the rules are changing. Do you know anything about that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version