Author Topic: London's new ULEZ zone dodged!  (Read 2565 times)

Offline Craizeehair

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: London's new ULEZ zone dodged!
« Reply #30 on: October 20, 2023, 04:52:28 PM »
Just realised this was from 2019!!! I really should pay more attention!!

Offline McCabe-Thiele (Ted)

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 20, 2023, 07:05:52 PM »
My Honda 400 has no emission figures on the V55  is show as Historic but is not exempt from ULEZ.
All vehicles registered as Historic are ULEZ exempt. The computer system may not reflect this though. There's a section on Historic vehicles in the TFL document.
https://tfl.gov.uk/modes/driving/ultra-low-emission-zone/discounts-and-exemptions

I have not driven in London since Wendy gave up working down there in the mid 1990s. I would not want to be in the position of challenging TFL once the fines had been issued with all the implications of court threats, credit score impact & warding off Bailiff's etc.😁
Honda CB500 K1 (new pit dug out ready)
Honda CB400 four super sport (first money pit)
Link to my full restoration http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,23291.0.html

Offline DomP

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2023, 07:11:16 PM »
We got two fines last year when staying over at relatives, spent so much time watching my speed I didn't even notice the ULEZ zone and we thought our Tiguan was compliant.  Anyway we thought what's the harm in appealing so did and haven't ever heard back from them. 

ULEZ dodged!
1975 XS650B
1976 CB550F1 current project
2012 Triumph Daytona 675

Offline Laverda Dave

• SOHC Jedi
  • Health is wealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2023, 04:54:29 AM »
There's an ongoing war between motorists and the recent expansion of the ULEZ in London. So many ULEZ camera's have been damaged or torn down the mayor has resorted to buying a fleet of vans equipped with CCTV to catch motorists. Whenever these are parked people deliberately park cars and vans directly behind them to block the CCTV camera. It's either this or standing in front of the camera with placards. Things have become so bad the mayor has now employed 'security guards' to travel in the vans. They are nothing more than hired thugs. They tried to force a couple of protesters away from a can in Hillingdon on Wednesday. The police were called and told the security guards they had no rights to prevent a peaceful protest! Last week Croydon Council issued two FPN's on two CCTV vans as they have not given the mayor permission to operate these vans for enforcement purposes. Other London boroughs have done the same. ULEZ is one big con and has nothing to do with saving the environment, it's a cash cow and an unfair tax on the motorist and those who cannot afford a ULEZ compliant vehicle.
1976 Honda 400/4
1977 Rickman Honda CR750
1999 Honda VFR 800FX
1955 750 Dresda Triton
1978 Moto Morini 350 Sport
1978 Honda CB400/4 'Rat' bike
1982 Laverda 120 Jota

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal