Author Topic: insurance rip off ????  (Read 2598 times)

Offline hector2800

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
insurance rip off ????
« on: September 03, 2008, 10:48:40 PM »
OK we all know the ambulance service do a great job and I have had to call on them myself once or twice. However on my way to the Manx gp this year I had to take evasive action to avoid an ambulance that was going through a red light at a junction. He wasn't doing 90 or anything and neither was I cos I heard him coming . I saw him a bit late tho and had to anchor up a bit quick and the damn bike slid out from under. My gripe is that Bennetts tell me they operate a no blame policy towards the anbulances so I have to go through their underwriters to sort it myself. WTF do I pay my insurance for if it isnt to sort that out for me. Heh am I a grumpy old man or what.
Go on you know you want to

Offline dave400

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: insurance rip off ????
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 10:48:00 PM »
You get what you pay for these days, I

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 10:58:37 PM »
I just go with the cheapest insuerer these days as getting a payout is a no hoper. Bennetts have a poor reputation of poor service, both me and my other half had more touble with them, more than the saving of cheap insurance can excuse and they werent actually cheap. Go elsewhere. Bikesure have had a lot of metion from some, though I've never tried them. I'm with Lynnebrooke who are very cheap and offer buy back salvage and self repair options.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline Dave M

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2008, 07:55:12 AM »
I insure my bike with Equity Red Star for the princely sum of
Dave
Melbourne.

Offline hector2800

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2008, 02:39:13 PM »
Gonna cost me nearly a grand to fix it properly but thanks for the info. A couple of names I never heard of in there.

Offline dave400

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2008, 06:24:57 PM »
If you don

Offline hector2800

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 11:32:34 PM »
I probably will repair it myself in the end but the point was I do have legal insurance and its fully comp so why the hell should I be doing the chasing round. I feel bad about the fact that some other person needed that ambulance as it is. The ambulance guys were great and reckoned it would be sorted no problem, in fact it was them that encouraged me to put a claim in.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal