SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB750

K1's tank off to Menno

<< < (2/7) > >>

bucksfizz:
When my CB750 K3 finally lands in England, the first job is to paint the fuel tank and side panels.
Being new to the forum, who is Menno?
It seems he is well regarded, so contact details would help.
BTW, this is my tank:

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

...and a side panel:

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Davelu88:
Menno is a painter based in Germany that alot of forum members use , his work is top quality and his website is www.tanklackieren.de . Send him a message & he is quick to reply. You can also message him on here as he is a member.

bucksfizz:

--- Quote from: Davelu88 on April 11, 2019, 09:18:39 PM ---Menno is a painter based in Germany that alot of forum members use , his work is top quality and his website is www.tanklackieren.de . Send him a message & he is quick to reply. You can also message him on here as he is a member.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, Dave!
I can even understand his web page - schoolboy German comes in handy.

Davelu88:
Haha if you right click on webpage  then translate to English,  it works for me , Good luck with bike when it arrives

Andrew-S:
Well, the K1's headlight bowl and brackets are off and packaged along with a left side panel - the right is split in a couple of places and Menno recommended not using it.

This bike is amazing and every bit original and not mucked about with as UKPete and Chris Rushton told me it was - the wiring inside the headlight bowl is not what I expected - it's like new! i.e. the connectors are in great order, the wiring is soft and pliable and the plastic sleeves are not yellow and brittle . A great start!

Not entirely sure how far to go with this bike as it's so original? The tank and panels were beyond being 'survivors', they just existed, so I think having the paintset done may be far enough; the little dings here and there are part of its history.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version