Author Topic: Raask rear sets for 400/4  (Read 773 times)

Offline billdn

• SOHC Expert
  • never ever buy a basket case again!
    • View Profile
Raask rear sets for 400/4
« on: April 26, 2019, 04:31:51 PM »
I bought a set of these recently from M & P, supposedly for my 400/4 , well that's what the remittance advice note/box and part invoice say. However it's only recently I've had time to fit them and my 14 days to return is up, baring the fact that all the paperwork etc is correct and maybe the wrong bits were in the correctly labelled box, I wonder if I'm doing something wrong and I do have the right bits. No matter how I try I can't get them to fit, do I need extra brackets?

I've attached some photos of the bits assembled in their respective brackets and the frame left and right side if anyone could educate me where they should fit, if i use the former footrest mount no other holes line up with frame bolts etc ,I'd be grateful or have i bought another duff deal!
Needless to say the so called "fitting instructions" were the one piece of paper.
 :-\

Oops it appears my pc rotated the last 2 pics incorrectly.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 04:41:59 PM by billdn »

Offline ka-ja

• ken
  • SOHC Pro
  • yoshi 460
    • View Profile
Re: Raask rear sets for 400/4
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2019, 07:31:00 PM »
I have a set fitted to my 460 yoshi but I am 60 miles away from home at the moment, I will check my photo,s I will check and get back to you on here
ARE these any good?Top mount is top engine mount

« Last Edit: April 26, 2019, 08:04:20 PM by ka-ja »
nice bike,nothing in the bank

Offline ka-ja

• ken
  • SOHC Pro
  • yoshi 460
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2019, 08:20:55 PM »
Found some more

Offline billdn

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2019, 10:51:07 AM »
You're a life and sanity saver Ken! Not to mention marriage saver, the long suffering lady of the house un fairly bore the brunt of my frustrations yesterday!
All I need was a few clear , and they are, pictures!
Massive thanks!!
Bill.

Offline ka-ja

• ken
  • SOHC Pro
  • yoshi 460
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2019, 02:07:03 PM »
Glad to help, could get some specific shots if needed when I get home.

Offline billdn

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2019, 06:25:49 PM »
Hi Ken,
a picture says a thousand words and both sides now installed thanks to your pictures. However I don't see the significance/ purpose of the spring that goes around the rear brake pedal mounting, does it go under the pedal or over it's not quite clear in your photos also I find that when I depress the brake pedal it doesn't spring back/return - I'm guessing a small assembly error on my part. the rear brake spring that fits inside the frame carrying the brake rod is fitted also returns if I lift the pedal up.

Any ideas ? But thanks again for coming to my aid, restored my faith in the forum principle!

Offline ka-ja

• ken
  • SOHC Pro
  • yoshi 460
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2019, 07:42:41 PM »
Hi Billdn,
             From memory the only spring on my setup is the original 400/4 return spring,I have however, changed my rear brake to cable operation, solely because of the braced box section swingarm, that may make the lever return better??? I will pm you when I return home later this week.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal