Author Topic: 341 repo exhaust fitting issues.  (Read 1363 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: 341 repo exhaust fitting issues.
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2019, 07:09:21 AM »
The HM300's that DS and CMS sells are made by Yamiya and I have always heard good reports about them. The HM341's, to my knowledge, are a joint effort tooled up by CMS and DS,  so that may be the reason why there is a quality difference between the two versions. It still baffles me ( ::) ) why they reportedly spend such vast amounts to tool up for repro parts and then get it so wrong. They have commissioned repros of CB250/350K, CB72/77 and CB450K0 silencers and when fitted to those bikes, you can tell a mile off they are repro's, when just a bit more effort and they could have been  spot on. In the case of the CB250/350K ones they don't own the tooling so I got the manufacturer in the UK to make me my own version and they look so much better than the ones DS sells. My main grouse was the size of the seams and the style of welding. You would think getting these specials done would come at a vast price premium, but truth is they didn't cost an arm and a leg. Unfortunately with the CB72 and Bomber silencers the tooling is not owned by the manufacturers so it's not a option to get your own improvements made.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal