SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB750

PD41A float height?

<< < (2/4) > >>

MarkCR750:
It’s a bit of both K2 K6, I initially fitted a set of cheap cone pods, I found the bike hesitated during quick throttle demands and didn’t want to hold constant speeds, it sort of “surged”, I reasoned that Honda has fitted the rubber belmouths in the OE air box for a reason, so I grafted the pods onto the original rubber belmouths, problem solved, my guess is that the pods caused turbulence in the intake airflow which caused the carbs not to draw fuel correctly through the jets, as I said Honda wouldn’t have wasted money on the rubber belmouths if they weren’t needed, I do want to move to alloy belmouths only at some point but haven’t seen any that I like at the right price yet. [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

hairygit:
The problem with unfiltered bellmouths is you may as well stick a teaspoonful of valve grinding paste through each plughole and get the same result. Before people give it "it works on race bikes" crap, race bike engines are rebuilt every couple of races! A rebuilt engine running without filters will start showing ring wear after just a couple of thousand miles, again, why do people think Honda fitted filters? After all, would you run your motor without the oil filter fitted?

Sent from my X6pro using Tapatalk

Bryanj:
The Yam TZ 750 was
Rings 4 times a year minimum
Pistons every other set of rings
Crank and Barrels yearly
Crankcases every other year

MarkCR750:
It’s true that engines draw a monumental amount of air when running and hence dust/grit and therefore an unfiltered intake will increase wear but on bikes such as this (low mileage weekend toys) it’s something that I can tolerate , I.e. rebuild in 5 years time instead of 25!.

K2-K6:

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Hmmmmm bellmouths  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version