Author Topic: Engine misfire  (Read 1426 times)

Offline Ashdowner

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Engine misfire
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2019, 10:06:56 PM »
Brian Louis Barnes has written a detailed step by step strip and rebuild of PD46 carbs which is stored in the files section of this website. At first it seems a bit daunting and complicated but if you're methodical and follow what he says you'll get an understanding of the carbs and realise that actually there isn't that much to it. Take lots of pictures, and especially of the spring between 2 & 3 that works the chokes on 3 & 4 so you know how it goes back when you rebuild them. I've just had to strip mine and at the same time I've helicoiled all the screwholes for the float bowls. Another slightly nervy task which with care has ended up a complete success.
CB550K3, CB550K1, Yamaha Midnight Star, and CA77 in 2473 pieces (at the last count)

Online paulbaker1954

• SOHC Pro
  • I'll just be 5 minutes dear!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2019, 03:16:37 PM »
Brian Louis Barnes has written a detailed step by step strip and rebuild of PD46 carbs which is stored in the files section of this website. At first it seems a bit daunting and complicated but if you're methodical and follow what he says you'll get an understanding of the carbs and realise that actually there isn't that much to it. Take lots of pictures, and especially of the spring between 2 & 3 that works the chokes on 3 & 4 so you know how it goes back when you rebuild them. I've just had to strip mine and at the same time I've helicoiled all the screwholes for the float bowls. Another slightly nervy task which with care has ended up a complete success.

What Helicoil kit did you use, I just sourced a V-Coil kit that gets good reviews
If you think there's light at the end of the tunnel it's usually another train !!

2016 Yamaha MT09 Tracer
1971 Honda CB500 Four K0

Offline peterengland

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2019, 10:20:43 AM »
Yeah I'm sure that's right Ashdowner! carbs back on and bike running good but No 4 carb is overflowing...
Suzuki 50
Suzuki GT185
Honda CD175
Yamaha RD350
Honda 50 crunch box
Honda 400/4
Honda 550/4
Honda 750C

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal