Author Topic: Original or Modified?  (Read 3030 times)

Offline JonnyB

• SOHC Pro
  • Repeat: It's only a Hobby, It's only a Hobby....
    • View Profile
    • BatchScan
Original or Modified?
« on: November 02, 2005, 05:50:11 PM »
I'm going to uprate my CB750F to a twin front disc, but what do you think? Should we add modern features to these bike, or as purists would say keep them original.
Regards and Ride Safe!!

Daily Ride - BMW K1200GT
Summer Fun - Naked K100
Current Project - GS500E
Basket Case -  K100/1200 hybrid 
Lawnmower - 1965 Webb Delux 14" Close Cut Battery Electric.

John

https://batchscan.co.uk/

jimshea

Re:Original or Modified?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2005, 10:27:32 AM »
Johnny,
I think as the F2 had them anyway then it is a good idea, especially where safety is concerned. If you don't change the bike so that it can not be put back to original, then it doesn't matter anyway.
I would love to put twin disks on mine, but it appears to be a very involved job?
Strangely enough, I already have a F2 brake master cylinder on my bike, not sure why.
Have you already put braided hoses on, I am told this is a major improvement and much easier to achieve?
Cheerrs,
Jim.

Offline test

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2005, 05:27:46 PM »
Your right, the F2 did, but it had them horid comstar mags. I'm planning on a change that would keep the spoked front wheel.

Don't know how yet, but I like the look of the CB900 fork and calipers. Have to wait and see.

[JP]

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2005, 08:34:24 PM »
My 750 is a chop so, orginal parts there is almost none....

But in my opinion if I was doing a bike to be as the original mode..I would made evrything like the orginal, wouldn

CBen750F1

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 02:18:42 PM »
mate i wrote the article for the twin disc set up you have mentioned B4... do it... it makes a huge difference.... worry about originalitly when you have another bike to turn into a racer... but for the street the double set up is heaps safer... peace

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal