Author Topic: Tony Foale framed CB750 quite rare mono shock frame.  (Read 4197 times)

Offline Eddy Q

• View Profile
Tony Foale framed CB750 quite rare mono shock frame.
« on: October 28, 2008, 10:24:05 PM »
Hi there I am new to this forum so thank you in advance of any help coming. I have in my garage my friends bike which is a mono shock framed CB750 made by Tony Foale, there are believed only about 30 frames made and most went racing. The motor is believed to be a big bore 812cc?? and it has a Yoshimura exhaust, have any of you out there got one? All the searching I do for CB750s always brings up twin shock frames ie Dresda etc. I am getting really interested in this bike and may like to buy it off my mate but we cant value it properly because we have never come across another one (google Tony Foale and you will see them) I have been in touch with Tony Foale who now lives in Spain and he has been a help but cant value it, it needs a restoration as it was started years ago and then just left. They were sold as frame kits and then you could choose bodywork to suit. it is a dry sump model and according to the number plate S-reg. Over to the experts again thank you.

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
Re: Tony Foale framed CB750 quite rare mono shock frame.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 01:55:01 PM »
Hi Eddy.

Have you spoken to Axl? He is the Euro-guru on special frames. Check out his site:

http://www.satanicmechanic.org/foale.shtml

2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 01:55:39 PM »
And no more posts allowed until you post some pictures of this beast!  ;D
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline Eddy Q

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2008, 09:56:57 PM »
Cant do photographs onto these forums , not mad keen oncomputers but will ask my mate how to do it. I have been on that website a while ago it was helpful thats how I got in touch with Tony Foale

Offline Voxonda

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 07:11:02 PM »
Maybe this will help:

Very nice frame, from that guru.

Cheers, Rob
Better sorry for failing than for the lack of trying.

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 09:20:51 PM »
I remember seeing one of these bikes on Ebay a year or two ago? i think it was Blue if i remember right ? cheers Mick.

Offline Eddy Q

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2008, 10:15:36 PM »
Yes thats the same frame as the one in my garage, it carries the oil in the top frame tube. I have different wheels on this one and a drum brake, also a Yoshi exhaust. The bodywork I have is different but this was one of those bikes you could pick what you wanted. thanks for the help so far.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal