Author Topic: Narrow lobe cams in a K0 Bomber  (Read 676 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Narrow lobe cams in a K0 Bomber
« on: May 29, 2019, 08:41:27 AM »
 The best cams I can find in my stash for my 1967 CB450K0 engine are the narrow lobe ones (I reckon 292 parts) .. does anyone know if they fit the K0 head/rockers? I just sold a load of NOS parts to Franco Cappellini in Italy, who does the race part engine upgrades for CB450/CB77 etc.,   and I asked him and he said you can but I would still like more confirmation, although I guess he must know his onions if he is designing race parts for them.

Here was Franco's reply to my question on cams:-

info@cappellinimoto.it via aruba.it
Tue, 28 May, 11:08 (21 hours ago)

Hi ,
I have everything I need for the CB 450 K0 D, thanks.
Regarding the camshafts, they can surely be used because the rocker pads are equal in size, weighs only more on the shaft and serves no purpose.
To mount my oil conveyors between the camshaft and the rocker arms, ONLY the narrow, second type camshafts are used.
For camshafts of the type with central gear reported, which wear on the teeth, I produce the replacement in excellent steel.
Regards
Franco
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal