Author Topic: Useful Article on CB500T Engine Strip from MCM  (Read 1000 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Useful Article on CB500T Engine Strip from MCM
« on: June 12, 2019, 08:31:18 AM »
Not a Bomber engine but some useful info here that's common to the Bomber engine.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fcox0b5o5qbxvcq/CB500T%20MCN%20Engine%20strip.pdf?dl=0
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline MrDavo

• SOHC Master
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
    • View Profile
Re: Useful Article on CB500T Engine Strip from MCM
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 05:25:18 PM »
Good article, easier to follow than the shop manual, though I didn't learn much that I hadn't found out for myself by doing my 450. Nothing different in the 500 motor that I could see.

Apparently all ohc Hondas used the same camchain, I wonder what Trigger thinks about using a soft link on a CB750 rather than a continuous chain.

I used to devour Motorcycle Mechanics from cover to cover as a bike mad teenager, they once had an article on how to, for no expense whatsoever, get an extra gear on your RD250, just by removing a hardened stopper pin. After the police had examined a few accident scenes with a long black skid mark leading up them, they had another article telling you to put it back at once, as it was now possible, lost in your newly six speed gearbox, to change 'up' from top gear straight through into first!!!

1969 Honda CL450 'Scrambler'
1974 Kawasaki Z1A
2005 Harley XL1200R Sportster
1985 Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Sport
1978 VW Bay Window camper van

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
Re: Useful Article on CB500T Engine Strip from MCM
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 06:46:53 PM »
Yes all SOHC's use the same chain as, in 219 but at all different lengths.
Soft link chains can be a bit of a problem if you don't have the right tools for the job. I fit endless because I am building a engine and there is no point using time riveting a chain. I was sent some DID chains with a split link to be used and would never go down that route as, if a drive chain can come off with a clip so, can a cam chain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal