Author Topic: Restoration of VIN #1 N600 Car ...engine just like a Honda Twin Bike engine  (Read 594 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Andych

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Great story... well worth watching :)
1975 CB400 - Project
1978 Yamaha SRX250 - Project

Offline K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Interesting build,  worth watching.

Recently we had a small car show in a local park at which there was one of the coupé Honda cars similar to this one. Spoke to the owner for some time as he showed me around it. Was surprised to see it had a DOHC roller bearing crank 4cylinder motor.  As Andych says, like a paired couple of bike engines and seemed most related to the 450.

Offline MCTID

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
When I was a skint, daft Apprentice (more daft than skint) in 1967, I used to get a lift from Winton into Salford by a fellow Worker in her N600 Honda. Her Husband was a Sales Rep for Honda and won this car for hitting Sales Targets. On a number of occasions, he'd been to Japan to visit the Honda Factory.....which to the mind of a 16 year old Kid (me), was astonishing.......I thought his job - and his rewards were marvellous.

The car was a little cracker around town.....it was small enough to nip through traffic and certainly had a fair acceleration........the Owner was a spirited Driver and she got the best out of that car. I don't remember it being any noisier or less comfortable than other cars of that period, or any less well built - although it's interior was 'frugal'.....and I remember that the Petrol filler flap was locked shut if the door was shut....which I thought was so cool at the time.

I often wonder what happened to that little car......and to the really nice Lady who gave me a lift........saving me a lot of time and expense.......and and only taking a 'token sum' towards Petrol. Subconsciously, I'd like to think that that car set me on the road to my love of Hondas....still in evidence over 50 years on.
Now: 2008 CB1300S, CB750K4, 1970 Bonneville. Various other 1960's 650 Triumph T120's/ TR6's/ TR6C's (all in bits...many, many bits unfortunately). Previous: 2007 CB600FA, 1976 CB500 Four. BMW F800ST. GS750E. ZZR1100. CB1300 (2). ZXR1200S. VFR800. CB750 Nighthawk. CX500. XS500 Yam. Suzuki GT500. BSA A10. Various Lambrettas. Zundapp Bella (honest).

Offline Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile

My first car was an N600 auto

White,3 speed,twin cylinder aircooled.RVJ 366H

the heater used hot engine air ,a fan was behind the engine ,driven by a pulley and belt ,

size and speed comparable to a standard mini,

plastic boot lid,

great fun,but it did through a rod just outside Newbury,

needed major engine rebuild
lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal