Author Topic: Barton bike night  (Read 1205 times)

Online ka-ja

• ken
  • SOHC Pro
  • yoshi 460
    • View Profile
Barton bike night
« on: July 11, 2019, 12:14:42 PM »
Hi All,
        Barton upon Humber bike night (the biggest in the UK?) has been changed from Wednesday to Saturday and is on this week 13th July, starting at 4pm, several thousand bikes of all types, trade stands or Hog Roasts, whatever turns you on, and only the main road through and bus routes open, the town area is closed to traffic, come and experience the atmosphere.
        I am about 10 minutes walk from town centre.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 12:17:37 PM by ka-ja »
nice bike,nothing in the bank

Offline Rob62

• SOHC Pro
  • ZZR1100D9, CB750K4, RD250F, NSR250MC21, RD350YPVS
    • View Profile
Re: Barton bike night
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 01:25:00 PM »
Well worth a visit, this has been one of my favourite little events for a number of years. The traditional Wednesday evening slot was always good fun and didn't interfere with any other shows... Lots of local families would come to the end of their driveways and have a picnic along the route and wave to all the bikers, a very friendly family event and great atmosphere. Not sure what the Saturday event will be like, the same I guess... Unfortunately it clashes with the festival of 1000 bikes (Mallory) this weekend and I will miss it..

Offline Moorey

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 01:31:50 PM »
I could well have a ride over weather permitting  as last Sunday was a no go.

Online ka-ja

• ken
  • SOHC Pro
  • yoshi 460
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 03:20:21 PM »
I think it was changed to Saturday so long distance bikers could stay over and not be at work next morning, anyone short of a bike park space, there is room in front of my place
nice bike,nothing in the bank

Offline Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 07:32:34 PM »
Hi All,
        Barton upon Humber bike night (the biggest in the UK?) has been changed from Wednesday to Saturday and is on this week 13th July, starting at 4pm, several thousand bikes of all types, trade stands or Hog Roasts, whatever turns you on, and only the main road through and bus routes open, the town area is closed to traffic, come and experience the atmosphere.
        I am about 10 minutes walk from town centre.
If there is a Hog roast I'm in, hate Harleys!😀

Seriously, always fancied that but work Saturdays. Would it be worth it 8pm ish from experience?

One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

Offline flatfour

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 08:57:44 PM »
I intend to be at the Festival of 1000 bikes on the Sunday, albeit riding the BMW (it is over 250 miles as a round trip!).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal