Author Topic: 550F2 oil seals  (Read 457 times)

Offline heliwilly

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
550F2 oil seals
« on: August 07, 2019, 07:43:10 PM »
When I bought the CB550F2 I got a full set of gaskets and a set of oil seals for the engine.

After spending the best part of a week flushing out the oilways in the crankcase halves and the head then air blowing them out and once again flushing out with paraffin in a blowgun and finally a blow through and a dry.

Today I started the rebuild. I replaced all the bottom crank main shells. Before I put the crank back in, I broke open the pack of oil seals. I could find 2 that fitted the crank, but the alternator end didn't have the lip on, to fit in the groove in the crankcase and the one I took off the points end had a metal band on the inside, the new one didn't. They both had a circular spring, that kept the seal in close contact with the crank.

I would really like to replace like with like. Who has a supplier that will supply the correct seals. David Silver springs to mind, but other suppliers may also have them. Rebuild on hold before I really started.  Cheers  Bill W.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: 550F2 oil seals
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 10:22:25 PM »
Points end is same as 750 and alt end same all way from 1st 500 to last 550(maybe even 650) last i checked were still available from Honda

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal