Author Topic: hoses  (Read 570 times)

Offline ace cafe racer

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
hoses
« on: September 10, 2019, 07:41:52 PM »
Hi I have some hoses missing. I presume the top one should go to the airbox which I havent got as carbs have pod filters so could I route that one out back of bike somewhere? bottom one I presume is some sort of engine breather, where should this go? what size pipe fits these connections?
any help appreciated.
1977 Honda CB750 F1
2000 500 Royal Enfield Bullet

Online K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: hoses
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 08:02:30 PM »
Top photo is vent from highest point of engine crankcases,  just normally can be routed down behind engine and not in line with rear wheel.

Bottom photo is of cam chain tensioner mechanism that doesn't have anything venting out there.  It's just that shape as it has a rod inside that casting that travels inwards to move the chain guide internal to the engine. No action required for that one.

Offline ace cafe racer

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 08:07:39 PM »
Top photo is vent from highest point of engine crankcases,  just normally can be routed down behind engine and not in line with rear wheel.

Bottom photo is of cam chain tensioner mechanism that doesn't have anything venting out there.  It's just that shape as it has a rod inside that casting that travels inwards to move the chain guide internal to the engine. No action required for that one.
Thanks for clarifying. Will 1/2 inch pipe fit the top one?
1977 Honda CB750 F1
2000 500 Royal Enfield Bullet

Online K2-K6

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 08:47:51 PM »
Should be close enough if you're not looking for original fit. I don't think it'll be bigger than that,  bore size that is.

Usually if it's tight fit just put end in hot water before pushing it onto stub.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal