Author Topic: Anyone go to Stafford Today ?  (Read 1694 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Anyone go to Stafford Today ?
« on: October 19, 2019, 10:10:46 PM »
Absolute horrendous queue to get into Stafford today ... worst I have ever seen there and as usual muggins was doing the driving as my mate Roger has a tendency to nod off and the missus won't let him drive me .

Weather better than expected though and really well attended. Managed to get a rare early NOS silencer cheap  from DS for my S90 plus a rare sprocket cover for same...from another seller. Also a really nice CB250K -317 silencer for £25 off DS's bargain corner,  which was a real  steal.

Someone was selling this Black Bomber for £8,500 ... totally overpriced IMHO as photos flatter it a lot.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone go to Stafford Today ?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 10:34:07 PM »
 ;) thanks for the heads up ash i was thinking about it ? i wont bother again this year

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 10:10:19 AM »
Yep Stafford too busy again this year. Didn't buy anything at all (except an ice cream that was horrible).

I was hoping to get electrical parts but didn't even find anyone selling cable. So busy you couldn't even get a brew or sit down for a few minutes let alone get anywhere near some of the stalls.

As Ash mentioned, all the bikes for sale we're overpriced tat, didn't see one bike I would have spent money on. And some of the people trying to sell them were just chancers that you wouldn't buy anything off. That said, loads of people were leaving loaded up with gear and pushing bikes so somebody was happy with the situation.

I don't see the point of buying things at Stafford that you can buy cheaper online, plus if you have a problem you can just send it back.

I Will think twice before I go again as it's not the show it used to be.

Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline BigAl (Alan)

• SOHC Pro
  • Hope its sunny at the weekend
    • View Profile
    • www.alans-electrics.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 10:58:23 AM »
I would agree with Ash, very long wait to reach the car parks this year.  Enjoyed to the show, and well attended.
Current bikes:-
Honda CB750 K4 (1974) USA
Honda XL500S (1980) UK
Honda CD175 sloper (1968) UK
Honda CB1100A (2013) UK
www.alans-electrics.co.uk

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 11:07:29 AM »
I would agree with Ash, very long wait to reach the car parks this year.  Enjoyed to the show, and well attended.

It may have been that they were not allowing vehicles in on both sides of the road .. only the side that you have to use underpass  to gain access. My son always buys tickets for me for fathers day so probably will go again... he couldn't come this year at the last minute,  so I had to flog his ticket to a guy in queue ... took about 5 seconds to sell  for a tenner   ;D

I then swapped the tenner for  a very rare 1965 model S90 sprocket cover part that would probably have cost at least 4 times that on eBay if you could find one (which I couldn't)   Also,  I knocked the guy on the  DS stand down to £55 on an an early  rare NOS S90 silencer which they had listed on their site for £110 plus VAT + post .... so still bargains to be had... but agree a lot is overpriced junk.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 11:09:49 AM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2019, 11:10:41 AM »
Its not a show, its just a auto jumble  :o

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2019, 11:23:49 AM »

? When did you last go Graham ... loads of show bikes there  ;D ;D

Offline Andrew-S

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2019, 12:06:17 PM »
Only went to Safford on Saturday this year (normally we go from Fri- Sun) which was enough after a hideous 5.5 hour drive Farnham, luckily my mate drove me (my tun next year when I get my licence back), but as has been said the traffic was a nightmare with A518 log-jammed - we sat in it for over an hour to get in with one car park full and all traffic diverted to the other, but at least the field wasn't as boggy as expected.

The usual wide-boys trying to flog overpriced tat and bikes in the outside autojumble, I never saw any bargains myself but some of the Z1 OC guys bagged themselves a few, so they were out there as Ash found. I thought there were less club displays inside than previous years with some not up to their usual standard.

There were a variety of CBs, but only saw two 750s in the halls - one a Ruby Red K0 on an insurance stand and the other, a K1, waiting to go into the Bonhams auction hall.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 12:08:04 PM by Andrew-S »
1972 UK XL250 K0 Motosport
1976 UK Z900 A4
2018 BMW R1200 GS

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2019, 12:37:38 PM »
Really nice first model Z1 on the ZPower stand if you were willing to part with 25k for it.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline davefirestorm

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2019, 12:45:00 PM »
I went on a bike parking on wet grass/mud,very busy no bargains so didn’t spend owt :D my mate bought a complete nos unused 4-4 exhaust system for his Nighthawk £80 !! on Silvers stand got scratches on but still a bargain.I always say I’ll never go again but think I mean it this time due to mainly overpriced crap on most stalls as stated anything available on line now
Honda CB650Z
Honda F6C Valkyrie

Offline Laverda Dave

• SOHC Jedi
  • Health is wealth
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2019, 01:16:57 PM »
I was going but the bad memories from the two previous years made me think again. I came back to my VFR one year to find a deep scratch down the fairing where an idiot opened a metal gate and it obviously blew back and hit my bike and others. Of course whoever did it didn't leave his details & the stewards gave me the usual 'you park at your own risk' garbage even though they directed me to park there 😡. I went by car a couple of years ago and after sitting in a traffic jam for nearly two hours I said never again especially after when getting in the place was so packed you could get near anything unless you pushed and shoved.
They really need to organise the traffic and parking before I go back.
1976 Honda 400/4
1977 Rickman Honda CR750
1999 Honda VFR 800FX
1955 750 Dresda Triton
1978 Moto Morini 350 Sport
1978 Honda CB400/4 'Rat' bike
1982 Laverda 120 Jota

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2019, 02:39:56 PM »

? When did you last go Graham ... loads of show bikes there  ;D ;D

Never been ! Can't see the point when members go every year and moan about it  :o

Just a load of tat and Sliver selling off returned or reject parts. Had a customer that bought a crank from Sliver at Stafford and when i fitted it but, it would not turn. Took the engine apart and found that the crank was bent. Also had another customer that thought he had a deal of a life time with a set of CB250K pipes but, they were bent and there was no way they would fit.

Offline whiteylfc

• SOHC Associate
  • Triumph Tiger 800,CB750 Honda Britain,CB750 PRR x
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2019, 08:16:32 PM »
What's the problem?I went on my Phil Read Replica and rode down the outside of you lot sat in your cars..then had a ride back through Ashbourne to Matlock Bath..Although I would have struggled to get anything home if I had of seen anything worth buying..
I like 400/4s as much as the next man but why oh why would you have THREE yellow 400/4s on the same exhibition ring?
I'll still go next year as I keep hoping I'll find a stupidly rare Seeley exhaust can for a Honda Britain ..

Offline hondarc166

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2019, 11:18:01 PM »
I went on sunday right about getting in to park on the right it seems the left hand side was under water the black bomber had a new price ticket on saying make me a offer there was a 750 automatic down one of the side road with a ticket on for 400£ it looked all there  I did not buy anything

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal