Author Topic: Silencer options  (Read 2587 times)

Offline Bradders

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Silencer options
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2019, 02:06:26 PM »
Thanks for all your replies. The Brituro one that Julie suggests sounds ideal for me, good fit and good price, it’s just finding one! Will look into getting it repaired in the meantime.

Let us know if you do - I'd be curious to know how it gets repaired...

I will mattsz. Mine not quite as bad as your photo suggest but it also rattles which I’m assuming is the baffles!

Offline Bradders

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2019, 02:31:41 PM »
Have just rung the Redditch number on Julie’s link for the silencer and spoke to a chap who says they will definitely be having some more silencers in stock in about 6 weeks time. He also said that Brituro in Birmingham are making them. So good news...

Offline Nurse Julie

• 1977 CB550/4 Mongrel Brat. 1974 UK 500/4 K1. Honda CD250u.
  • Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2019, 02:35:34 PM »
Have just rung the Redditch number on Julie’s link for the silencer and spoke to a chap who says they will definitely be having some more silencers in stock in about 6 weeks time. He also said that Brituro in Birmingham are making them. So good news...
Great news, treat yourself to one for Xmas 😀😀😀
LINK TO MY EBAY PAGE. As many of you know already, I give 10% discount and do post at cost to forum members if you PM me direct.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/julies9731/m.html?item=165142672569&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

LINK TO MY CB400/4 ENGINE STRIP / ASSESSMENT AND REBUILD...NOW COMPLETE
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,14049.msg112691/topicseen.html#new

Offline mattsz

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2019, 02:39:28 PM »
I wonder if this means that DSS will have some in stock again?  It's handy - and cheaper, usually! - for me to be able to source items from the US...

Offline Bradders

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2019, 02:51:49 PM »
It’s already on my list Julie😀. Thanks again for your help.

Offline mattsz

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2019, 04:30:46 PM »
I finally removed my broken silencer - despite lots of heat and penetrating oil, I just couldn't budge it without making it even worse - if it's possible!  So I decided not to try and repair it.

Matt at the DSS USA location said that they'd have a new stock of these after the new year.  Then he got back to me and said they had a discounted one in stock with a couple of dents, which would be visible when mounted.  Since I'm not doing a fancy restoration, and just want to get it running, I pulled the trigger (oh dear, that could have a number of meanings on this forum, couldn't it?) and bought it, along with a couple of other items on my list.  The savings just about paid for the extra bits and the shipping...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal