Author Topic: Bikes SORN'ed but not showing on DVLA  (Read 864 times)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Bikes SORN'ed but not showing on DVLA
« on: October 24, 2019, 10:54:32 AM »
I got the V5C's for my CB72 and Bomber last year from DVLA and immediately declared SORN as I got a warning letter telling me I would be in bother if I didn't. I checked a few weeks later and still not showing as being SORN so I tried again. Each time I did it I got a DVLA confimation email that it had all gone though OK. I  looked on DVLA weeks, then months, later but still not showing SORN on both bikes. Called DVLA on another issue today and asked about the SORNED bikes and seems that if  the vehicle was  last taxed before SORN came in it will not show on the Vehicle Enquiry on-line but shows on their internal system.

So we keep looking up a bike and thinking it's long gone but could be fully restored and SORNED but never taxed since pre-SORN.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline steff750

• SOHC Expert
  • THE POWER OF DREAMS
    • View Profile
Re: Bikes SORN'ed but not showing on DVLA
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2019, 11:17:18 AM »
dont worry about it ash they will tell you soon enough if its not ,with a warning letter DO NOT IGNORE THIS LETTER
my mate had one a few weeks ago that he was not insured and needed to do that or sorn the bike
the problem he had was when he registered the bike last year they gave him a years tax anyway all be it that it was free  it was  historic tax
and this is the problem a year down the road it will flag up on the DVLA computer as not being insured or sorned
meaning you can not have tax and no insurance sounds silly i know
BTW ash you have pm?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal