General > Out & About

Spring is coming..

(1/6) > >>

Dave M:
so I've just spent a very enjoyable couple of hours in the garage getting my bike ready for the good weather. (Yeah, right!)

I dug the feeler gauges out and did the plugs, points and valve clearances and checked the timing.

The cam chain tension's been set and the steering head bearings checked and set after the recent work on the steering head.

Stick it all back together and just for a laugh a couple of prods on the kick and all is running sweetly.

I find it a very therapeutic and relaxing way to while away the hours. (Wife doesn't agree though.)

Just got to change the oil and filter, give the air filter a shake and set and lubricate the chain and we're ready to go.

Bring on the Spring.  :)

Bryanj:
Boing aid Zebedee

mick:
Got to agree with you there Dave, i could spend all day tinkering but her indoors would have other ideas :-X, had my F1 750 out the other day did over 100 miles weather was'nt to unpleasant & managed a quick hours blast on my Kettle yesterday  8), weathers slowly improving  :)   cheers Mick.

gunslinger:
Took the Ducati to work today.  53F degrees this morning when I left. Will be almost 80f degrees going home.  We haven't had any real rain for 2 months now.  Our down time is when the temperature hits the 90's.   

Sucks, I know... ;D

Dave M:
Sounds good.

Should be similar in Oz when I get there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version