Author Topic: More trouble with Cuzinimage parts.  (Read 1743 times)

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
More trouble with Cuzinimage parts.
« on: October 27, 2019, 11:07:33 AM »
Just got the CB350F back on the road after a long lay up (see other thread). The final problem that will be resolved this week is the clutch.

Trying to save a few pounds during the build (I know) I fitted a set of Cruzinimage clutch plates. This clutch is so prone to sticking overnight that it has become unusable. Last week I ran the bike late afternoon then parked it, the following morning the clutch plates were stuck solid. It is taking so much force to free the plates something is going to get damaged. I have sourced a Wemoto Gekko clutch with Kevlar pads and a new set of steel plates that should solve the problem (worked well on my CB750F2).

These old clutch plates will be stored in the grey bin until it's emptied along with all the other Cruzinimage junk that has accumulated over the years. So far the only items that have been any good from Cruzinimage have been the piston kits and the carb kits. All rubber and gasket items have been total poo. You have been warned. ;D
« Last Edit: October 27, 2019, 11:12:03 AM by royhall »
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline UK Pete

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: More trouble with Cuzinimage parts.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2019, 11:17:11 AM »
I was considering a piston kit for my gpz550, but not too sure now, I have one of their piston kits for 750 but never used it, I am sure people say with the piston you have to deal burr, and clear ring grooves a bit, as for the clutch kits I will certainly not be going down that route, thanks for taking one for the team and trying out the clutch

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline royhall

• SOHC Jedi
  • Keep biking I'm not quite bankrupt yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2019, 11:38:59 AM »
I may be wrong but I doubt Cruzinimage is a manufacturer of anything. They probably just buy in from others so the quality can vary. I have found their piston kits to be of outstanding quality and have never had to de-burr anything. They are also supplied with Riken rings. I know Trigger has used a great many of them without problems. I only removed the pistons from the 350F as I was determined to find the problem and NOS was the way to go. Not had a problem with the carb kits either but everything else has been utter rubbish.
Current bikes:
TriBsa CCM 350 Twin
Honda CB350F in Candy Bacchus Olive
Honda CB750F2 in Candy Apple Red
Triumph Trident 660 in Black/White
Triumph T100C
Suzuki GS1000HC
Honda CB450K0 Black Bomber
Honda CB750K5 in Planet Blue Metallic (Current Project)

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 10:01:54 PM »
I have always found cruzin pistons good quality and have always found that anyone that complains about them has not rebored correctly. The pistons are made in Taiwan and Riken have had factories in Taiwan for the past 30 years.
Cruzin are just a parts supplier  ;)   

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2019, 07:20:58 AM »
Sounds to me like buying Cruzin stuff is like playing Rushian Roulette with your engine... rubber stuff crap... heard of someone on here found CB750 carb needles were totally wrong and after much head scratching refitted originals and all was fine ..... pistons and rings sourced from wherever they can get them .. personally always stayed well clear.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2019, 08:04:40 AM »
Sounds to me like buying Cruzin stuff is like playing Rushian Roulette with your engine... rubber stuff crap... heard of someone on here found CB750 carb needles were totally wrong and after much head scratching refitted originals and all was fine ..... pistons and rings sourced from wherever they can get them .. personally always stayed well clear.

A bit like Sliver then Ash  :o
I remember buying some so called NOS alternator housings off him some years ago and had to machine them to get the alternator to fit. Contacted Honda about this problem and gave them the batch number and was informed that they were rejects.
Many years on and a customer supplied me a NOS housing to fit to his engine which was in for a rebuild and blow me down, the alternator housing was another one that needed a machine job.

Offline Tomb

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2019, 08:38:07 AM »
I bought a CruizinImage big bore kit (for Yamaha XS1100), I went through it with a set of mic's and found them to be excellent quality. I have German mates who use these kits and complain that they only last about 60K Km, my original Honda pistons/rings haven't lasted any longer so they'll do for me.

I know some of the carb kits have to watched out for, not for quality, but making sure you get the right kit for your particular model.

The rubber parts I can't comment on but will take what is said here as good advice. A bit like buying from Aldi, don't buy electrical items.....
Tom
'73 CB550 with CB500 engine café racer
'62 CB77 Sprinter
'70 CD175
'78 CB550 with sidecar
'80 Z50R
And a load of old Yamaha 1100's

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal