Author Topic: Dunstal replica exhaust  (Read 543 times)

Offline Dolomite_

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Dunstal replica exhaust
« on: November 03, 2019, 06:11:45 PM »
Has anyone had experience with the dunstal replica silencers such as the the ones listed on classicbike shop: https://www.classicbikeshop.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=dunstal . Have you had any issues with the inlet adapters or have they been fine?

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
Re: Dunstal replica exhaust
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 06:23:52 PM »
If they are the same as the ones in the 70s they should be called Dunstall Maximum Decibel (the word “silencer” is superfluous).

I had them on my CB175. Even had the red painted ends.

My mum used to say she could hear me coming home at night from about three villages away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline PatM

• SOHC Member
  • 2001 R1, Triumph 1200 and the little 400/4!
    • View Profile
Re: Dunstal replica exhaust
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2019, 07:44:32 PM »
Yep Steve- I concur with your Parents.

My lot would remove the plate and I could hear my younger Brother coming from miles away at night (on the odd occasion I was back from the Pub before him) - they had that distinctive roar- the 4 cyclinders helped to make it smooth- In them there days we were used to Brit Bikes- twins- making a din- so these were a nice change! He took me to work early one Saturday up Regent St- I used to work at the BBC in those days- the noise was deafening, as it bounced of the glazed shop-fronts. I think I had one on a 400/4 I had in the late 80's, but i cant remember..so many bikes- but Dunstall was local to us in s/e London and went hand-in-hand with a 400/4.
I know if my wife heard it (should i fit one)- she would say 'DUNSTALL' as its a raor you dont forget!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal