SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB350/400

CB400f camchain and primary drive conversions?

(1/2) > >>

Greenbat:
(posted this on the .net site, sorry if you've seen it)

One day, I would like to rip apart my 400's engine and fit brand new absolutely everything, so I can be sure (!) of reliability. The two main gremlins are the crap camchain adjuster (new chain, adjusters etc fitted october) and rattly primary drive. It sounds like there is a little man playing maracas under the fuel tank, and apparently this is normal! All I need is steel drums in the carbs and dancing girls on the clocks. I've heard vague mentions of a better tensioner and belt drive available. Where can I get these, and does anyone have any experience of these? Preferably from sources in England, since shipping things from America or Japan would be rather expensive.

Bryanj:
Cant use a belt as it runs in oil and shouldnt bbbbbb

Greenbat:

--- Quote from: Bryanj on March 04, 2009, 05:34:02 AM ---Cant use a belt as it runs in oil and shouldnt bbbbbb

--- End quote ---

Ah, bugger. What do you mean by bbbbb? I've noticed one or two post missing the last bit, or do you mean it shouldn't rattle? I do hope it's the former  :o

Bryanj:
Sorry Dyslexic wireless keyboard was playing up (and still does) was supposed to say shouldnt rattle if carbs balanced properly

Greenbat:

--- Quote from: Bryanj on March 05, 2009, 06:52:57 AM ---Sorry Dyslexic wireless keyboard was playing up (and still does) was supposed to say shouldnt rattle if carbs balanced properly

--- End quote ---

Carbs were done and new camchain and tensioners in October. The rattle is the primary drive, which I had been told is normal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version