General > Out & About

Anyone out on their SOHC today?

<< < (4/4)

Nurse Julie:
Hi Gromitdog. Just reading back through your posts, you say your bike is a 1973 UK 550/4 K3, we didn't have K3's in 1973, or 550/4 F1 or 2's either, both models were much later than 73. I know you say its a Mongrel but when you say you would like to return it to original, what 'original' do you mean 🤔🤔

philward:
Half an hour each on K2, CR750 and ZZR1100. Obviously, all differnt beasts but K2 is nice cruiser, CR makes you feel like a young hooligan again (but only for a short period!) and ZZR shows how 'superbikes' moved on in 20 years - speed, braking, handling and smoothness - just so easy to ride. Great to ride them back to back as it makes you appreciate each bikes character!

Nurse Julie:
Ah yes Ken, just seen the photo. It looks like a K3, possibly import going by rear light unit with F2 front end. The switch gear / bars / headlamp bowl etc may have been changed so no conclusive evidence there. Do the VIN and engine number confirm anything?. Interesting project Gromitdog.

Bryanj:
You can try posting the engine and frame numbers and i will look in my US guide for you

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version