Author Topic: London Bridge  (Read 1744 times)

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
Re: London Bridge
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2019, 10:07:26 PM »
And I missed the Titanic voyage by 72 years
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline JamesH

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2019, 11:08:14 AM »
I was 2 mins out from the Manchester Arndale centre when the IRA blew it up, thank god I stopped for a cup of tea from the vending machine at the depot.

I missed the Herald of Free Enterprise by 30 mins as well when it went over in Zeebruge, sometimes I think god likes me  :) :)
I nearly met my maker on 13th August 1994 as an 18-year-old student. I was working on the Palace Pier in Brighton, and the IRA planted a bomb on a bicycle strapped to the railings on the promenade directly outside the entrance to the pier. We evacuated the pier as instructed by the managers and our emergency meeting point was directly next to where the bomb was planted. I remember looking at the bike at the time and not really giving it a second thought - we were literally standing 3-4 meters away from it. Luckily the timing device in the bomb was faulty and the bomb didn't go off - the 5lb of SEMTEX in bike panniers probably would have shredded the lot of us. A very lucky escape.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2019, 03:15:53 PM »
Try being on a ship delivering propane to Saigon in 1975!

Offline MrDavo

• SOHC Master
  • He who dies with the most toys wins
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2019, 03:18:06 PM »
Glad you and Mrs M are all right, Moorey. We should all carry a Narwhal tusk, just in  case, you never know when you'll need one.

Tonight she’s on search and crowd control for the visit of an American (who’s name the auto censor will remove )

Just as well Steve. If you happened to mention that name on your forum, which has a 'Black Bomber' subforum, while he happens to be in the Country, you'll need your daughter and friends to pull rank just to get you bail...

My nearest misses with the reaper all involve bikes and oncoming traffic, however there was my one and only experience of driving a forklift, when I worked for the Wheatcrofts, moving pallets of WW2 ammunition....  :o :o
1969 Honda CL450 'Scrambler'
1974 Kawasaki Z1A
2005 Harley XL1200R Sportster
1985 Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera Sport
1978 VW Bay Window camper van

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal