SOHC.co.uk Forums > The Black Bomber Board

1968 CL450 K1 on the Bay of Fleas

(1/2) > >>

MrDavo:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1968-Honda-CL450K1-Unregistered-US-Import-Barn-Find-Classic-Restoration-Project/333416859755

This looks like a nice project for someone.

Later style tank / panels with early style seat (My '69 was the other way round), chrome looks very nice, particularly the exhaust, Impossible to find new (unless you are James). No clocks, but has lots of the hard to get bits that I had to hunt for.

The seat is a bit flat and has a tear, but looks saveable. Not got the usual rusty bits / screws, so has been stashed somewhere nice and dry. Unfortunately DK just can't resist having at it with the Easy Start, I wish they wouldn't, I'd prefer to know if it turns over and has compression, most sensible people will be pulling the engine anyway, as all rubber / plastic parts have probably turned to stone - it's been stood a while, the gaiters have rotted as per usual.

JamesH:
I’ve got a NOs front Guard and the correct tank if anyone does take this one on....oh and a pair of gauges I think (somewhere)..

mike the bike:
It'll be interesting to see what it sells for.

MrDavo:
Someone make their day and point out that the left hand fork cap is on back to front...

royhall:
Davo, you must have eyes like a shit house rat. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version