SOHC.co.uk Forums > Anorak's Corner

Vintage Honda Tester SRH500 Kowa Seiki Ltd

<< < (2/5) > >>

Bryanj:
Bit i used most was the coil tester on th RH  side, i think biggest gap i got was 9mm

CB5501977K3:
Correction re measurement - it should read 0.24 microfarads, not 24!

AshimotoK0:

--- Quote from: CB5501977K3 on January 15, 2020, 08:55:21 AM ---Correction re measurement - it should read 0.24 microfarads, not 24!

--- End quote ---

Ha ha .. I spotted that ..posted it should be micro-farad and then when I re-read it it said micro. so I edited it.

I wonder if the Honda tester applies a high voltage to make the capacitance measurement, which a modern multi-meter would not. The high voltage test would be better because it would test at the typical voltage generated by the back EMF produced by the ignition coil primary, when the points open.

SteveD CB500K0:

--- Quote from: AshimotoK0 on January 15, 2020, 09:52:30 AM ---The high voltage test would be better because it would test at the typical voltage generated by the back EMF produced by the ignition coil primary

--- End quote ---

Told you measuring capacitors was tricky

When I was a design engineer in the 80s, we used 1 Farad “capacitors” in our short term battery backup systems. They were probably small rechargeable batteries inside but they surface mounted on the pcb and were very rugged so we didn’t care …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCTID:
Hi CB5501977K3 (Member who started this post) could you get your mate to describe what this bit of kit can do, and how it does it....I'm sure lots of the 'Techies' on this Forum would find it of great interest. (it would be like Chinese writing for me I'm afraid.........but as Dirty Harry used to say in that movie, 'A man's gotta know his limitations'). LOL.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version