Author Topic: Bottom hanger bolt.  (Read 565 times)

Offline brodsord

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
Bottom hanger bolt.
« on: January 20, 2020, 07:25:43 PM »
Hi all,

Can anyone tell me if the bottom engine hanger bolt for a CB750 f2 is longer than the same bolt for a CB750 k5 ?
Also is there difference in the long front engine hanger bolt between those two models?
Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Erny

• CB750K7 CB550K1
  • SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
Re: Bottom hanger bolt.
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2020, 07:30:57 PM »
I do not have personal experience, but I would look at spare parts catalogue to check first. Shall be clearly visible there

Odoslané z SM-G930F pomocou Tapatalku

CB750K7 US model (1977)
CB550K1 US model (1975)

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2020, 08:14:01 PM »
I have 750K bolts, if you would like the length. The front lower is 90152300010 for the K and F1 and F2  ;)

Offline brodsord

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2020, 08:44:32 PM »
I have 750K bolts, if you would like the length. The front lower is 90152300010 for the K and F1 and F2  ;)
Thanks very much Trigger.

I’m doing a build which is a f2 frame and a k5 engine.
The rear bottom bolt seems to be to short by the time it goes through the frame then out the aluminium peg mounting blocks.
I haven’t got enough thread to mount the forward foot rests, I got the bike as just a rolling frame and engine it had nothing else so I’ve been slowly sourcing parts and putting here back together and the front mount is just a bit of m10 threaded rod, do you have a spare rear lower and the front clutch side bolt for sale at all?

Offline brodsord

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2020, 08:49:29 PM »
I do not have personal experience, but I would look at spare parts catalogue to check first. Shall be clearly visible there

Odoslané z SM-G930F pomocou Tapatalku
Thanks Erny

Offline hairygit

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2020, 08:49:41 PM »
The bottom rear is unique to the 750F2, none of the other SOHC 750's use those alloy footrest brackets. Try D.K. spares or similar for one.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

If it's got tits or wheels, it's hassle, if it's got both, RUN!!!

Offline brodsord

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2020, 08:51:30 PM »
The bottom rear is unique to the 750F2, none of the other SOHC 750's use those alloy footrest brackets. Try D.K. spares or similar for one.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk
Thanks pal, I think the bolt that’s there must be of an earlier model, the bike is a bit mix and match

Offline Trigger

• Grogu
  • Engines built on reputation, not advertising.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2020, 09:47:06 PM »

The rear bottom bolt seems to be to short by the time it goes through the frame then out the aluminium peg mounting blocks.
I haven’t got enough thread to mount the forward foot rests, I got the bike as just a rolling frame and engine it had nothing else so I’ve been slowly sourcing parts and putting here back together and the front mount is just a bit of m10 threaded rod, do you have a spare rear lower and the front clutch side bolt for sale at all?

If you contact the Nurse, she will check the stock. I have seen a 750K lower front and a rear hanger bolt about  ;)

Offline brodsord

• SOHC Associate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2020, 10:18:16 PM »

If you contact the Nurse, she will check the stock. I have seen a 750K lower front and a rear hanger bolt about  ;)
Will do Trigger.
Thanks
Gray

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal