Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 669 times)

Offline Umad

• View Profile
« on: February 27, 2020, 01:29:14 PM »
Saying Hi

I have stumbled across a few CR750 Replica's for sale, and it has sparked my interest in them. 

I have done a little research about them and found this forum in the process.

I hope i can learn and read more information about them here.

I think they look absolutely stunning,  riding on the UK roads might be another matter. 
 Maybe reasons for NOT buying one are welcome too, as the 'must have' urge needs controlling  :P
 To be honest the asking prices are helping!   

Thanks in advance

Steve

Offline Laverda Dave

• SOHC Jedi
  • Health is wealth
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 11:26:50 AM »
Welcome to the forum Steve.

CR750 Reps are very nice bikes. There are at least a couple of forum members who own them and could offer advice on the practicallity of owning one.

I have a Rickman CR750, not the most comfortable machine to ride around town and the steering lock is shocking, nice looking bike though and great on the open road.

Enjoy the forum.

Dave
1976 Honda 400/4
1977 Rickman Honda CR750
1999 Honda VFR 800FX
1955 750 Dresda Triton
1978 Moto Morini 350 Sport
1978 Honda CB400/4 'Rat' bike
1982 Laverda 120 Jota

Offline Umad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 12:19:21 PM »
 Thanks Dave, i thought everyone had shut up shop and gone home  ;)

I expect they're not to everyone's taste and maybe a fad i'm going through! but if i did bite the bullet i need to feel it's something i can recoup my money with should my bubble burst.

I need to gauge a realistic price for a nice example and not jump in a and buy something with an optimistic price tag.

Would be good to here from an owner.

Cheers Steve

Offline cooleronthecoast

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 12:28:39 PM »
I don't own one (CR750) Steve, but welcome on here anyway.  If you do get one, don't forget to post up some photos. 
Now where did I put that 10mm socket?

Offline philward

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 11:15:20 PM »
Hi Steve, welcome to the forum. I have built a CR750 for the road as like you, always loved the look of them (and the Daytona Dick Mann legend). I tried to build one that looked as close to the original but be practical for the road (ldiscreet lights and indicators - and can confirm they look great, sound great and are predicably uncomfortable to ride! I normally only ride for less than 30 miles and then I've had enough - only go to some local bike meets were the bike is a talking point.
There are degrees of 'replica' and unless you are prepared to pay a fortune, you won't get a 'true' replica. (and then if it won't be for the  road).
Pic of mine attached
Current Bikes:-
Honda CB750K2 (1975)
Honda CB500K2 (12/1972)
Honda CR750 Replica (1972)
Honda CB350K0 (1969)
Kawasaki ZZR1100D3 (1995)
Kawasaki ZZR250 (1990) Project (Going on eBay ASAP)

Offline Umad

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2020, 02:54:47 PM »

Hi Phil

Thanks for your reply your bike looks amazing, shame you are over 200 miles from me. I'll have to get a few more postings under my belt before i can PM.

The thought of building a replica myself would be a dream, but i know in reality that ain't never going to happen. Lack of skill, knowledge, facilities and patience to name just a few!

I've looked at a few cr750 builds on here and on SOHC/4 truly amazing stuff, enough to realise it'll be beyond moi.

Cheers for now.   

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal