Author Topic: Twin disc caliper modification?  (Read 381 times)

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
Re: Twin disc caliper modification?
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2020, 12:27:49 PM »
I didn’t even know the cunifer was a thing.

Had to Google it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 Tiger 800 XRT
1971 CB500K0

Offline sprinta

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2020, 02:37:09 PM »
The internal dimension of the brake line inlet on the Caliper is identical to bleed nipple inlet except the port to the piston chamber is approx 0.5 mm larger. As Bryan mentions it is not threaded all the way. The thread is 1.25mm pitch.

Photo of the olive below.

(Attachment Link)

Are you indicating that with the 'olive' removed both sides have the same seat face such that the nipple can be fitted to either side without any further modification?

Offline 71 V12

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2020, 04:38:46 PM »
Hi Andy,

Visually the inlets look the same. The only difference that I can see is the hole at the bottom of the inlet on the brake pipe side is about 0.5mm bigger than the bleed inlet to allow for the olive insert.

Therefore to fit the olive in the bleed inlet that hole would need to careful enlarged. I guess you would want The olive to be a slight interference fit and perhaps a small tab of thread lock to seal it well.

Having said all of this, I really hope that the pipe will seal with right brake tube nut and OP1 flare.

Offline Bryanj

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2020, 05:45:41 PM »
Kunifer is way easier to bend, never rusts and seals better as it forms to the shapes better.
The only vehicle i would use original steel on would be a Citroen with hydromatic suspension as they have very odd ends with rubber seals

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal