SOHC.co.uk Forums > SOHC Singles & Twins

CB72 Keyster Carb Kits - are they any good?

(1/3) > >>

Oggie400F:
Are the Keyster carb kits good quality?
These are the only kits I can find for CB72/CB77 Keihin PW22 carbs.
I’m assuming they are the standard kits for these carbs and are good quality but if not does anyone know of an alternative manufacturer/source of complete refurb kits.
Cheers

Johnwebley:
Don't know about Keyster.

Have you tried Cruzimage

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

bruxby-clive:
I bought four keyster kits from Silvers for my 500, also used them on a 175 many years ago, worked a treat on both occasions.

royhall:
Sometimes they are good sometimes not. Don't know why but their a bit hit and miss on quality. Same thing with Cruzinimage. Ash is the man on those, he may even have some genuine bits.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

the-chauffeur:

In terms of getting the 72/77's to run, the kits themselves are pretty decent - although I have no idea quite how closely they replicate the original bits.  If the carbs are in decent shape, those kits will get you 90%+ of the original set up.

That said, steer clear of the air screws they supply in those kits; they're invariably the wrong shape and will make your life very difficult.  I stupidly swapped them on the CL77 and CA77 . . . should've realised from the fight the little o-rings were putting up with the air screws that something wasn't right.  Basically, they don't seal and so air is pulled in around the screws.

Eventually realised the air screws were causing the trouble, swapped back to the originals and everything settled down.  Last time I checked, Silvers had both the correct air screws and o-rings that fit on them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version