Author Topic: Finally got around to carb sync  (Read 453 times)

Offline Kramer5150

• View Profile
Finally got around to carb sync
« on: March 07, 2020, 04:32:35 AM »
I have had my bike, 1974 K4 750 over a year now, and it has never idled very well and had a cam chain slap sort of noise on low revs. I bought a Morgan Carbtune a couple of months ago, and have been going through the tuning on the bike, timing, valve clearance, changed plugs etc. Anyway, I decided that today was the day I would do the carb sync. I did a final timing chain tensioner adjustment, warmed the bike up and attached the vacuum pipes. The centre two adapters are quite difficult to get on, I reckon those two should be longer like the ones that come with the gauge type carb sync tools. So after a bit of swearing and picking up the adapters several times, got it all attached. A couple of the carbs needed some adjustment to the get them as near to balanced as I could. I couldn’t believe how well it idles now, and the chain noise has virtually disappeared too. Best £70 I have spent. I’m sure it would have cost at least that much to have a mechanic do it for me.

:D
Cheers, Ian
1974 CB750K4

Offline Lobo

• Lobo
  • SOHC Master
  • Lobo
    • View Profile
    • Lobo
Re: Finally got around to carb sync
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 12:08:07 AM »
Hey Ian, yep, pure satisfaction in doing a job right and saving significant £s. It’s easy to assume dark arts when balancing carbs, lacing wheels etc, when in reality it’s often planning and plodding that wins the day.

Agreed about the centre adaptors, don’t know your kit but a screwdriver with 20mm tubing holding the adaptor in place does the trick for me...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal