Author Topic: CB750k7 US import poor front brake  (Read 936 times)

Offline Gromitdog

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
CB750k7 US import poor front brake
« on: April 13, 2020, 09:01:41 AM »
Good Morning All

I have stripped my front brake calliper down as the brake lever had no resistance, The fluid was nice and clean when it came out when I disassembled and the front hose looks fairly new which makes me think someone has tried to bleed the brakes before .
I replaced the Pads, calliper seal, new white nylon small washer & new fluid, I have checked the master cylinder assembly by putting a blank on the brake line and squeezing the brake handle which comes up hard  :) .

I cleaned and lubed all the parts ready for assembly, Reassembled and bled the brakes used the standard method of a bleed tube & still very spongey so tried it by drawing the fluid through using a syringe and they are still spongey :(

My question is the piston fitted to mine is the hollow version on one end I assume that the chrome machined end fits into the calliper with the nylon washer and the hollow end faces outwards towards the brake pad  Should there be a slightly metal domed part that goes over the hollow end of the piston that then touches the pad as the CMS web site IPC appears shows this part. ( no good IPC pictures in Hayes Manual :( )

I am sure this question has been asked many times before sorry to repeat it again any help would be gratefully appreciated 

Gromitdog  :D
KEEPING IT SHINY SIDE UP IS ALWAYS A GOOD RESULT ON A RIDE OUT

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
Re: CB750k7 US import poor front brake
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2020, 02:25:53 PM »
Yes there should be a domed washer, like a car core plug, in the piston but it isnt available seperately. Does the brake lock the front wheel without the lever touching the handlebars? If yes leave it awile and re bleed plus the big thing is these brakes were good in the 70's but nothing like todays bikes

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal