SOHC.co.uk Forums > SOHC Singles & Twins

Nice Video Clip of 1968 Honda Museum CB250 Dream JDM

(1/2) > >>

AshimotoK0:

I am building one of these.  I found this really nice little video clip of the Honda Japan Museum one.

just got RS Bikepaints to mix the correct paint for it .. Black Metallic ( more a dark grey metallic) Same code as CD175A sloper Honda suffix 'XE' on parts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHjTZNq-t5Q

Laverda Dave:
Nice bike Ash.  Was that bike bike some kind of transition model? The tank and front fork look a bit CB72ish, still very nice though.

AshimotoK0:

--- Quote from: Laverda Dave on March 17, 2020, 03:02:08 PM ---Nice bike Ash.  Was that bike bike some kind of transition model? The tank and front fork look a bit CB72ish, still very nice though.

--- End quote ---

It was the first model CB250  sold in Japan mainly and replacement for the CB72 .. the version we got was the Export model. JDM had rear shocks, tank and dual clock combined Tacho/speedo very similar to CB72 but different. Export models had two tone Candy & white  paint

There was also a CD model with painted mudguards, CB72 shaped silencers and a 360°C crankshaft engine (Type2) with rotary shift pattern gearbox.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

hondarc166:
I still think the 60 -70 Hondas look better than todays bikes :)

AshimotoK0:

--- Quote from: Laverda Dave on March 17, 2020, 03:02:08 PM ---Nice bike Ash.  Was that bike bike some kind of transition model? The tank and front fork look a bit CB72ish, still very nice though.

--- End quote ---

The Japanese Domestic (JDM)  front forks were the same as the USA model but we in the UK got the rubber gaitered type that were fitted to the USA CL model. I think the last CB72's, post 1967 had similar front forks though.

USA also got higher bars (like JDM model) and sexier, albeit less practical mudguards. The UK brochure is for the UK model Sardine Blue (not metallic or Candy) but we also got the Candy Red model. See below, both are 1968 photos. USA also got Candy Blue/Green and Solid dark green. Note that indicators were an optional extra on the UK model. 1968's had a hydraulic cam chain tensioner that was an utter disaster and was quickly swapped out for a CB750 style tensioner. However, I bought two project bikes registered in '69 and both still had the hydraulic unit still fitted.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version