Other Stuff > Misc / Open

The Covid Thread

(1/28) > >>

SteveD CB500K0:
As we move inexorably towards lockdown here in the UK (some of you in other countries may already be locked down), I thought we should have a general chat thread.

We’re not Facebook so can’t do instant messaging or chat (other social media products are available) but I look forwards to reading all your posts every day and would hate to see the volume drop as we all hunker down.

So, jokes, pictures, notes, thanks welcome.

Anything goes (except blatant politics please)

Keep safe.

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveD CB500K0:
I will sticky those thread. Can’t do it on my phone in bed though!

SteveD CB500K0:
I’ll start.

I’ve had Triumphs for the last 15 years.
Daytona 900
Trident Sprint
Trophy 900 (not for long…)
Sprint ST 955 (four of them)
Tiger 1050
Tiger 800 (two)

I’ve never owned a new bike but had a bit of a tax windfall last summer (years of overpaying by a little = “free” cash from HMRC).

The Tiger 800 is probably the best of the bunch, just missing a bit of low down grunt from the 1050 and the awesome sound of the 955.

I have watched the development of the new Tiger 900 with interest. It seems that they have listened to the likes of me when designing their new model:
Less weight
More torque
Flat power curve
Backlit switches (makes a huge difference at night)
LED lights
Etc

After the London Bike Show, I went to my local dealer and ordered one.

It arrives on Wednesday

This was Saturday in the workshop:

Seamus:
Nice looking toy Steve.hope you enjoy it.
Had only one modern Triumph, 9551 Speed triple. Loved it and only changed it as one of my riding buddies could not get on with his Ninja 7R. Had a few of the older ones in my time as well. restored a 71 oil tank Bonny and only sold it as someone offered silly money.
These days its a 500 four and a Suzuki T350 Rebel. Plus an MGB. All from 70's. The rose coloured specs effect.

Orcade-Ian:
That’s great Steve,
I think the top of the range model even had a seat  :)

I just took delivery of a new C125 Super Cub - only done about 80 Orkney miles so far but love it - apart from the elbow viewing system installed instead of proper mirrors.

Ian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version