Author Topic: Starting them young...  (Read 1365 times)

Offline Orcade-Ian

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
Re: Starting them young...
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2020, 02:01:07 PM »
Relating to our bikes, I think some companies use Boschrexroth extrusions for these adventure pannier systems.  I believe Hammonds has now gone in the recent closures - what a great store that was - my Aunt Maureen ran HR (nearly as bad as Steve’s LIVEWARE!) there for many years when it was properly called Personnel. 

Ian

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2020, 10:15:41 PM »
Awesome stuff, I was looking af it around Christmas for my two, bit beyond our budget at the moment but a truly excellent toy. Some of the vintage toys are pretty awesome too. I had ( still have ) Lego and technic lego, very educational. Our kids have lots of Lego, and meccano.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2020, 02:45:13 PM »
My Mrs. was moaning last week about a 5 metre length of the 'Big Boy's Meccano' stuff, similar to what James's kids have been playing/learning with, that's been stuck down the side of our garden for about ten years. (great adventure playground for spiders and woodlice etc.  ;D)

So I chopped it up and found some extra bits in my garage  and made myself an engine assembly stand to suit my Honda 4 & twins engines. Beauty is it's totally adjustable. I was concerned about stability but it turned out mega strong. This stuff is Kanya (Swiss IIRC) but there are German types such as 'ITEM'  and  Rexroth-Bosch. Problem with the Kanya stuff is it needs a drilling jig for the special, but really neat,  fastenings they make and it costs about 200 quid .... so I made my own from an old 18mm cutter (which I found in my junk box and is marked B.S.A. and had the three guns logo on it ... not sure what it was intended for or how I came by it).

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

« Last Edit: May 10, 2020, 02:56:45 PM by AshimotoK0 »
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2020, 12:49:35 PM »
Somebody asked me about my lathe with milling head  in the background of the last pic. I think it was made about circa 1973 in Austria and I bought it  about twelve years ago from the estate of a model maker but I have never really used it.  I have been trying to teach myself to use it during the lockdown.  :)

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2020, 01:01:09 PM »
Machine mart used to sell something similar

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal