Author Topic: Coronavirus advice  (Read 3123 times)

Offline MarkCR750

• Professional half wit and member
  • SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Coronavirus advice
« on: March 28, 2020, 08:20:14 AM »
Hi everyone, I’ve copied in a post I put on the Ducati forum, having just had C19 I don’t want anyone else to get it!, redouble your “stay safe”efforts , I’ll try to upload the table I refer to below, stay safe, Mark.

Hi All,  the whole world is waking up to the reality of this, stronger containment measures are coming in everywhere, and all of them are necessary to preserve lives, things are tightening up in the UK as well, we have to accept our freedoms will be curtailed for some time to come, it’s not pleasant but a lot better than the alternative.
Having just had the disease and being lucky that it mainly attacked my upper respiratory system and left my lungs relatively alone (although I did have “tight” lungs for 2 weeks and still get out of breath climbing a few stairs) I just want to pass this info on to everybody, we keep getting told that it starts with a fever and coughing, that is not correct!, I didn’t develop those symptoms until I was at least a week in, I understand that those are the common indicators but because of that advice I initially assumed I didn’t have it, very luckily for my elderly parents I erred on the side of caution and stopped going into their house when I began to feel ill, I went to see them but spoke to them from the end of their driveway, my initial symptoms were dizziness , strong fatigue and generally feeling unwell, so my advice is even if you think you just have a cold act as though it’s C19, many people I believe are infecting others because the symptom advice is misleading.
The table attached is accurate in my experience.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 08:30:51 AM by MarkCR750 »
Suzuki GT250A (Nostalgia)
1977 K7 CR750 (lookalike, what of I’m not sure)
Ducati 900SS (Soul & Speed)
Ducati M900 Monster (Handling & character)
Thruxton 1200 (suits me)
James Captain 197 (pure adrenaline, i.e. no brakes!)
"Eff yir gitten awvestear yir gooin te farst"
Sir J.Stewart.

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
Re: Coronavirus advice
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 09:09:05 AM »
Glad you got over it,  are you immune from it now?
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline MarkCR750

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 09:28:17 AM »
My doc said that he’s 95% sure I’ve had C19 from my symptoms and he’s 95% sure that I will now have immunity, but until the antibody test becomes available to the general public we can’t be 100% sure, (shame my mum isn’t a queen because if she had been I’d have qualified for an immediate test), also at present there is no data on how long immunity will last, maybe 3 months maybe years, so I’m continuing to behave as though I have no immunity at present, actually once it’s confirmed that I have immunity I’ll still do all the hand washing, sanitizer gel using etc because I could still pick the virus up on my hands and then pass it to someone else.
Thruxton 1200 (suits me)
Sir J.Stewart.

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 07:49:50 PM »
Hi Mark glad to here your on the mend.
I did post on here how I felt on Last Monday on the covid thread.
Its likely I have it too my chest is still tight and I,m still waking up at about 3am everyday with a racing pulse and going from a fever to freezing cold for hours at a time. I have no cough but a lump in the back of my throught and a very small attention span
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 08:15:28 PM »
Bit i dont understand is every time you watch BBC the top of list is headache but on that chart it sez "uncommon"

Offline Green1

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 08:18:54 PM »
I can see its posible to get headache if you don't drink enough.
I have an unquenchable thirst but have to force myself to drink little and often as I just don't really fancy drinking
Current bikes
Honda CB750k1 Valley Green Metallic
Honda CB750k1 Candy Gold
Honda CB550k Candy Jade Green
Honda CG125
Aprilia Pegaso 650
Moto guzzi 1200 sport
Kawasaki EX650R (Mine until dave pays for it)
Kawasaki ZXR400 J

Offline Nurse Julie

• 1977 CB550/4 Mongrel Brat. 1974 UK 500/4 K1. Honda CD250u.
  • Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 09:06:08 PM »
If you have a high temperature, you dehydrate quicker which can lead to headaches very easily. Also (now I'm on a roll 😁😁😁) if you have a temperature, don't put a cold flannel on your head and don't put a fan on in the room to cool you, the body will react by increasing your body temperature further because your body is telling your brain you are getting cold.
LINK TO MY EBAY PAGE. As many of you know already, I give 10% discount and do post at cost to forum members if you PM me direct.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/julies9731/m.html?item=165142672569&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

LINK TO MY CB400/4 ENGINE STRIP / ASSESSMENT AND REBUILD...NOW COMPLETE
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,14049.msg112691/topicseen.html#new

Offline Andych

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2020, 10:01:36 PM »
It can present differently depending on the person...  there are plenty of people with no symptoms at all that have tested positive.
I am awaiting the Test results from Friday... lovely test it is too... swab 3cm back in your nose and rotate it 5 times... then a different swab stuck right into the tonsil area of both sides of your throat.
All while sitting in my car (This was a self test as it was a week before it could be done at the clinic).
My symptoms are mostly sore throat...cough and a few temps in the low 38s. Headaches and body aches... and they are all consistent with what people who are positive are reporting.. each to a different level and some of the symptoms.. not necessarily all of them. All easilly treated with Panadol (Paracetamol). DO NOT use Ibuprofen.
I would normally not have bothered to have the test and just Self Isolated totally for the 14 days but as my Son is still in a Haematology /  Oncology ward 5 weeks after a 2nd Stem cell transplant I need to know when I can get back in to see him..  I havent been in for over a week now and even if I show up negative I cant go in till I have at least 48 hrs with no symptoms...
You cant even assume that if you do get it you will be fine if you are normally fit and well.. a guy in Qld last week.. late 60's but fit and well normally.. developed some mild symptoms on the Wednesday.. collapsed at his home on Thursday and died 48 hrs later...
All the info from Europe and China about Social Distancing and damned stupid Aussies get 1 warm day and swarm to the beach with total disregard for any Social Distancing ... Still, I guess it might weed out some of the low hanging fruit we have around.
1975 CB400 - Project
1978 Yamaha SRX250 - Project

Offline philward

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2020, 10:03:11 PM »
My doc said that he’s 95% sure I’ve had C19 from my symptoms and he’s 95% sure that I will now have immunity, but until the antibody test becomes available to the general public we can’t be 100% sure, (shame my mum isn’t a queen because if she had been I’d have qualified for an immediate test), also at present there is no data on how long immunity will last, maybe 3 months maybe years, so I’m continuing to behave as though I have no immunity at present, actually once it’s confirmed that I have immunity I’ll still do all the hand washing, sanitizer gel using etc because I could still pick the virus up on my hands and then pass it to someone else.
Glad to hear you are on the mend Mark - thanks for sharing info - stay safe everyone
Current Bikes:-
Honda CB750K2 (1975)
Honda CB500K2 (12/1972)
Honda CR750 Replica (1972)
Honda CB350K0 (1969)
Kawasaki ZZR1100D3 (1995)
Kawasaki ZZR250 (1990) Project (Going on eBay ASAP)

Offline Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2020, 09:17:31 AM »
Glad you are on the mend and your parents are ok too. Would think it would be good to know for defo that you have had the actual C19 virus and sort that one in your mind.
One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

Offline SumpMagnet

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2020, 09:46:45 PM »
Part of the reason it spreads like it has is because for a lot of people, symptoms are very mild...or non existent. But that doesn't stop you passing it on.

I had what I ssumed was a bought of flu last month. Started feeling very fatigued, then a cough set in. Followed by a fever and aches. Felt rough for a week...then fine. Still have a slight occasional cough that doesn't want to shift...but nothing major.

This was before social distancing, isolation etc.

All the checks at the time said 'no' you haven't been anywhere to be at risk.....it was just 'flu' .... though 'just flu' kills a lot of people every year without making the news.

Now.... I am not so sure
CB750F2 - in pieces
CB900F Hornet - the daily transport

Offline Bryanj

• Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2020, 08:15:04 AM »
My wife has had a chest infection since last November

Offline Andych

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2020, 10:45:21 PM »
The Flu actually kills more people in a 12 month period year in year out than CV-19 to date... although the USA is trying to beat that record by the looks of it...
The difference is the Flu doesnt spread like CV-19 and they have a Vaccine for it.

My test results came back negative for CV-19 and SARS which is good.. now I can go and see my son... he is back into ICU as of yesterday with 2 chest drains... he amazes me with his ability to fight to get well again.. F#$K CANCER...
1975 CB400 - Project
1978 Yamaha SRX250 - Project

Offline Rozabikes Tim

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2020, 11:37:30 PM »
All the best, it must be good to get back by his side. You have enough on with an ill son without this crappy virus complicating things!
One day I'll have the time to restore it, not just talk and dream....

Offline MarkCR750

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2020, 03:32:30 PM »
I recon I’m just about clear of the symptoms, chest tightness has almost gone, aches have gone, temperature went to normal days ago but have continued to feel fatigued (been sleeping during the day a lot which is not normal for me) I tried to start working from home again on Friday, that lasted about 2 hours!, had sinusitis all weekend and it’s just clearing up now, Green1 I’ll guarantee you’ve got it with those symptoms.
Doc said it’s likely I’ll feel ill for several weeks, I didn’t believe him last Monday when he said that but now I do! :).
So it’s to be avoided if possible folks!
Heard today that the amount of virus you are initially infected with can have a profound effect on how ill you become, I found that surprising but heard it from a couple of reliable sources now, it’s called “viral load” .
Definitely want an antibody test but it looks as though that’ll be weeks away, then it would also help to know how long any immunity will last, hopefully until they have a jab available!.
PS thanks for the kind comments.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 04:47:37 PM by MarkCR750 »
Thruxton 1200 (suits me)
Sir J.Stewart.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal