Author Topic: Still riding?  (Read 1551 times)

Online Johnwebley

• SOHC Jedi
    • View Profile
Re: Still riding?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2020, 07:59:36 PM »
Just been walking for exercise.

Using the car for shopping.

Not used any of the bikes

Going stir crazy

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

lifelong motorcycle rider,and fan

Offline cooleronthecoast

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2020, 07:59:58 PM »
I'm with Moorey, I'd love to go out on one of my bikes,  but until we are advised that its ok to do so I'm polishing, not riding :-(
Now where did I put that 10mm socket?

Offline Moorey

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2020, 08:13:02 PM »
I'm with Moorey, I'd love to go out on one of my bikes,  but until we are advised that its ok to do so I'm polishing, not riding :-(

I think its a small ask to refrain from going out on the bike for a ride compared to what some are been asked to do at this time and in the near future.

Offline kevski

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2020, 08:43:29 PM »
As much as i want to go out on mine and that's a hell of a lot, i won't in case the worst happened as it would divert essential services away from the very pressing issue we have at the moment, also hospitals are full of sick people, some may have covid19 which is something i don't need as a person with health issues, so the bikes have been serviced, kitchen floor tiled, ceiling painted, under-coating saved until next week, cannot tile and paint walls as wifey couldn't make up her mind and the local DIY chains are not allowing people in to procrastinate over paint and tiles, so i will be wearing the crampons to make climbing the walls easier and bikes will be run up from time to time as an audible reminder of whats to come.

Offline davefirestorm

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2020, 08:42:26 AM »
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Out riding every day😎( I know it’s got 4 wheels lol) I have been out on me Burgman few times hospital and essential shopping.Can’t do owt to me 750F as it’s stored 20 miles away and haven’t got the tank/cowl/panels back from painting.Horrible not being able to see family and friends especialy our great nephew Finley  he was on West Midlands central news last night with his Mum and Dad famous and only two weeks old💕
Honda CB650Z
Honda F6C Valkyrie

Offline jamesw999

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2020, 08:53:43 AM »
As a paramedic I have less opportunity now more than ever to ride the bike, working every hour under the sun.

Stay safe 👍🏻

Offline taysidedragon

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2020, 09:25:49 AM »
I haven't ridden at all during this lockdown, but if I need to get essentials like bread and milk that I can carry in a rucksack I will use the bike instead of the car.
I hear what people are saying about accidents, but more accidents happen in the home than anywhere else! Be careful out there folks. 👍😷
Gareth

1977 CB400F
1965 T100SS

Offline kevski

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2020, 10:55:54 AM »
I haven't ridden at all during this lockdown, but if I need to get essentials like bread and milk that I can carry in a rucksack I will use the bike instead of the car.
I hear what people are saying about accidents, but more accidents happen in the home than anywhere else! Be careful out there folks. 👍😷

You are right about most accidents happening in the home, you only have to look at the F'n retards still wandering around in groups and completely ignoring whats going on, you wouldn't deliberately sire these twats would you.

Offline Orcade-Ian

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2020, 11:06:00 AM »
I agree with you Kevski,
All accidents are caused by people and some people are caused by accidents.

Ian

Offline Nurse Julie

• 1977 CB550/4 Mongrel Brat. 1974 UK 500/4 K1. Honda CD250u.
  • Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2020, 11:26:15 AM »
Accidents in the home..... A chap in our village had a fight with a circular saw 2 days ago and the saw almost won the day. Ambulance called, they saved his life and stabilised him, they called the Air Ambulance to take him to hospital where he is still in ICU. If you're told to stay at home, people get into all sorts of trouble, but, then again, this accident may have happened anyway..... Who knows 🤔
LINK TO MY EBAY PAGE. As many of you know already, I give 10% discount and do post at cost to forum members if you PM me direct.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/julies9731/m.html?item=165142672569&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

LINK TO MY CB400/4 ENGINE STRIP / ASSESSMENT AND REBUILD...NOW COMPLETE
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,14049.msg112691/topicseen.html#new

Offline MCTID

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2020, 12:02:02 PM »
I worked in a Factory years ago and a bloke lost two fingers on a Milling Machine.....but he didn't realise until hometime, when he was waving the Foreman goodnight !!!! LOL.

I did have the privilege of working with a Safety Trainer from Dupont some years ago....who provided 'Behavioural Safety Training' to Companies around the globe, and he was exceptionally good at what he did. He taught me how to deliver the Dupont Training Course and I still remember - and firmly believe their doctrine - many years later.

He recounted the story about working with a small Family owned Timber Mill, but after his Training Course was done at their Mill, he had his doubts whether the message was really hitting home with the Senior Managers who he felt were a bit sceptical of the value of the training.

The following weekend he was at home when the Owner of the Timber Mill phoned him and asked him if he could come back on the Monday and ramp up the Safety Training..........because an 18 year old lad had been dragged through the machine which ripped the bark from the tree trunks. The poor victims Father and a number of other Family members were also employed at the Mill. so his totally avoidable death had hit everybody really hard in their small community.

My Employer at the time made every effort to improve Safety, and to their credit, because Management made it their job to champion best practice, that's what it became throughout the organisation - best practice.
Now: 2008 CB1300S, CB750K4, 1970 Bonneville. Various other 1960's 650 Triumph T120's/ TR6's/ TR6C's (all in bits...many, many bits unfortunately). Previous: 2007 CB600FA, 1976 CB500 Four. BMW F800ST. GS750E. ZZR1100. CB1300 (2). ZXR1200S. VFR800. CB750 Nighthawk. CX500. XS500 Yam. Suzuki GT500. BSA A10. Various Lambrettas. Zundapp Bella (honest).

Offline cooleronthecoast

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2020, 01:13:10 PM »
Although its not cold, its not sunny here on our particular part of the coastline as I write this. That makes it a bit easier with regard to not thinking about going out for a ride. All the bikes have been moved around this morning, the Tuono and the CB550 have taken up residence in my large shed whilst one of our interior panel doors is being sanded down and repainted in the garage.  The big decision of the day is do I go for a push bike ride or take the Labrador for an extended walk as my daily exercise?   Keep safe everyone!   ;D
Now where did I put that 10mm socket?

Offline Tomb

• SOHC Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2020, 02:27:32 PM »
I've just delivered some provisions to my dad (86), a 17 mile round trip on the bike, I've never seen so many seriously fat people in lycra and jogging shoes. :o ;D ;D
Tom
'73 CB550 with CB500 engine café racer
'62 CB77 Sprinter
'70 CD175
'78 CB550 with sidecar
'80 Z50R
And a load of old Yamaha 1100's

Offline Nurse Julie

• 1977 CB550/4 Mongrel Brat. 1974 UK 500/4 K1. Honda CD250u.
  • Grogu
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2020, 02:36:03 PM »
I've just delivered some provisions to my dad (86), a 17 mile round trip on the bike, I've never seen so many seriously fat people in lycra and jogging shoes. :o ;D ;D
🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮
LINK TO MY EBAY PAGE. As many of you know already, I give 10% discount and do post at cost to forum members if you PM me direct.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/julies9731/m.html?item=165142672569&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.m3561.l2562

LINK TO MY CB400/4 ENGINE STRIP / ASSESSMENT AND REBUILD...NOW COMPLETE
http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,14049.msg112691/topicseen.html#new

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2020, 02:41:53 PM »
I'm beginning to feel like this dog  ;D ;D

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal