Author Topic: Fitting pattern parts  (Read 420 times)

Offline bobv7

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Fitting pattern parts
« on: April 03, 2020, 04:09:56 PM »
Been out in the garage starting to fit the set of pipes from CMS. Had to grind down the exhaust flange on one to get the clamp onto the pipe but generally happy with the finish. Usual problems with fitting new kit to an old bike; the rear mounting brackets want to push the pipes into positions they don't want to go. Perhaps they're not the original brackets or it could be the frame? Anyway, I've ordered new ones from CMS although it would probably would be better to get new bespoke mounts made up. The trouble with that idea is where do you find a good fabricator who doesn't see an opportunity for early retirement!  :-[

Offline bobv7

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: Fitting pattern parts
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2020, 04:46:17 PM »
Thanks for the reminder. I've taken a step back and will ponder the problem over a large scotch as I've just remembered that I can't even use the bloody thing for another 10 weeks at least. Just hope the scotch doesn't run out! ::)

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2020, 05:52:18 PM »
Dimensions of Genuine Honda brackets

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 06:16:51 PM »
See this post

http://www.sohc.co.uk/index.php/topic,10228.0.html

Also these are the DS fitting instructions .. Hope this helps

[ Guests cannot view attachments ] [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline bobv7

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2020, 06:55:57 PM »
Ahhh..they would be the fitting instructions they said to follow but didn't remember to include with the pipes! ::) Cheers, Mate.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal