SOHC.co.uk Forums > Anorak's Corner

CB450K0 etc Top cam idler modification

<< < (2/2)

royhall:
Very thorough research Ash, nice one. Strangely all my rollers were in really good condition even the rubber parts were still pliable. I had been concerned about them. As you say the new ones are all gone. Definitely don't change the roller diameter though as in places the chain runs very close to the castings.

AshimotoK0:
The plan so that I can maintain the correct diameter of replacement rubber rollers ..  One thing for sure my friend Graham Curtis is dead right .. take a hardened Honda rubber roller and skim a few mm off it and you are down to soft pliable rubber again.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

SeanFD:
I just came across this post today.

When talking about hard and soft rubber, what do you mean by "soft"? Squishy soft? With just a little give?

I'v always found it difficult to make a decision without a new item to compare with.

AshimotoK0:

--- Quote from: SeanFD on February 10, 2021, 12:33:32 PM ---I just came across this post today.

When talking about hard and soft rubber, what do you mean by "soft"? Squishy soft? With just a little give?

I'v always found it difficult to make a decision without a new item to compare with.

--- End quote ---

Just a little give without a hard 'skin' on the top

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version