Author Topic: Hit and Run  (Read 1224 times)

Offline SteveD CB500K0

• Administrator
  • SOHC Jedi
  • Ride on the Steel Breeze...
    • View Profile
    • Steve's Blog
Re: Hit and Run
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2020, 06:40:42 PM »
Seriously, one of the sales guys at my local Triumph dealer was rear ended on his Gixxer at a roundabout.

He has not worked since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2022 Tiger Sport 660
1971 CB500K0

Offline matthewmosse

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Hit and Run
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2020, 12:13:32 AM »
Had similar on my sidecar cb500/4 combo back in may 05, was shunted into the arse end of an 05 plate jag, as with you, it took a few seconds to  register what had happened. About 5 cars went past us and the jag driver was perhaps understandably livid. Insurance dealt with it with issues - a good bit of service from Carol nash on that occasion, the bill was about £100 for a touch up on the jag, the sidecar still has craked paint front and rear, wasn't pristine before. Bike, unscathed. My ntv got reversed into afew years ago by a Volvo who reversed to chat to a friend off for a jog on entry road. Impressively the only dammage  to the bike was a foot peg  snapped, the car came off worse, cracked bumper, smashed twilight. I didn't  bother claiming. Felt marginally stiff a few days later. Figured the Volvo driver ( who was suitably mortified) had suffered enough dammage.
Got a 500/4 with rust and a sidecar and loadsa bits. nice and original and been round the clock

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal