Author Topic: CB750 Carb Floats.  (Read 510 times)

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
CB750 Carb Floats.
« on: June 01, 2020, 08:30:01 PM »
Hi i have a 1970 Cb750 KO and it has the brass floats in the carbs, i have found that 3 of them are no good and have fluid in the float,

i have drilled tiny holes in them and drained the fluid and araladited the holes closed (i know its a bodge ) buts its temporary,

my question is this Dave Silvers has genuine Honda floats (plastic) for £151.20 x 4 delivered, or Pattern plastic ones for £60 x 4 delivered ,

has anyone used the pattern ones and had good results or should i just bite the bullet and by the genuine Honda ones ?, cheers  ;)

Offline flatfour

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
Re: CB750 Carb Floats.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2020, 08:51:26 AM »
I bought the DS plastic floats (replica) around six years ago for my CB750 and they are still in there. Never given it a thought since fitting them until now.

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2020, 10:55:23 AM »
I had the same problem with one of  the brass floats on my K0 so just opted for a set of plastic ones. I still have a set of the brass ones I will keep to give to anyone if I ever sell the bike. Same with the 2-hole rear hub. I fitted a 4-hole to my wheel as that's what was on it when I bought the bike but then got I a 2-hole at an autojumble. Nobody would ever know it has a 4-hole but at least I have the proper 2-hole one  if required.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

Offline mick

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2020, 11:55:13 AM »
Thanks both for your replies , JamesH has kindly offered to send me some plastic ones to solve my problem  8), cheers mick  ;).

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal