Author Topic: Replacing rear brake pedal.  (Read 455 times)

Offline Athame57

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • SeaWitch Artist
Replacing rear brake pedal.
« on: May 31, 2020, 05:19:01 PM »
This is pathetic. I've replaced a rusty homemade rear brake arm with a shiny new looking one with new fittings to as well. Can I get my rear brake pedal back on? Can I find my Haynes manual when I never needed it more?
I'll swear I've done this recently too after all I replaced the kickstart seal. Lockdown amnesia? My problem is I can't put the brake pedal back if the footrest mount is there, nor can I put the footrest mount back if the brake pedal is there, just wondered do I need to take the kickstart off?.................help...save me!
I brake for animals!
1978 CB400F2 called Elen.

Offline mike the bike

• SOHC Jedi
  • CB400F, Royal Enfield Interceptor.
    • View Profile
Re: Replacing rear brake pedal.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2020, 05:25:51 PM »
You've got to locate it on the right spline or it won't go.  There's a dot punched on the pedal and on the shaft which helps to align them.   You may need to clean some crud off with wire wool to see them.
Where's that 10mm socket got to?

Offline Athame57

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • SeaWitch Artist
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2020, 05:29:38 PM »
What goes back first?
I brake for animals!

Offline Deano400

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2020, 06:14:21 PM »
Been a couple of years since I put one on but if I remember right, brake lever first but don't have the brake rod connected to the drum so you can push the lever down to get the foot rest on. I think you can also put them on together at the same time.

Offline Athame57

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • SeaWitch Artist
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2020, 07:20:25 PM »
You've got to locate it on the right spline or it won't go.  There's a dot punched on the pedal and on the shaft which helps to align them.   You may need to clean some crud off with wire wool to see them.
Thanks for that mike, all of a sudden everything fell into place. ;D  I guess it helps to stop a while sometimes too, unless you want to blow a fuse!  >:(
I brake for animals!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal