SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB750

Getting the oil round

(1/3) > >>

Seamus:
Hi All,
Any tips for getting the oil round a rebuilt engine? I guess its a case of just turning it over till the oil light goes out before starting. I also imagine that this would be too big a load on the starter, so kick start is the way to go.
Is it worth removing an oil gallery plug to get this going?

As usual, advice gratefully received

Seamus

Bryanj:
Personally i would leave out the spark plugs, remove the tappet covers and with kill switch in the off position spin the engine on the starter in approx 30 second bursts till the oil light goes out and oil can be seen arround the cam

Seamus:
Thanks Bryan, appreciate the advice. I have a few more days to go beforeI get that far, and will have to get the oil first.

Seamus

JonnyB:
I agree with brian, and I always use loads and loads and loads of good oil when reassembleing

Seamus:
Thanks again. I will go that route. Everything was liberally coated with oil during the rebuild and the top end oiled before fitting the cam cover.

I hope to be in a position to start the beast soon, just have to repair the coils, (leads look dodgy), sort out the wiring as this has been adjusted (with different coloured wires been added).

Regards

Seamus

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version