Author Topic: Carb-to-head manifold "insulator" removal - SUCCESS!  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Oggers

• SOHC Member
    • View Profile
Re: Carb-to-head manifold "insulator" removal - SUCCESS!
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2020, 12:44:39 PM »
Penetrating fluid?

Offline AshimotoK0

• Grogu
  • Mad Scientist.... more power Igor ! ٩(̾๏̮̮̃̾๏̃̾)۶
    • View Profile
Re: Carb-to-head manifold "insulator" removal - SUCCESS!
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2020, 01:05:19 PM »
If those screws are totally knackered or refuse to budge ...with pan head ones I hammer a 1/4" drive bi-hex socket, slightly smaller in diameter of the screw OD onto the offending screw (I think there is an imperial size that works  best but can't remember the exact size). This is after grinding a few m.m. off the front face of the socket to remove any chamfered 'lead-in'. The bi-hex 'V's bite into the screw OD  plus the shock of hammering the socket on has never failed me yet to successfully remove one. I think the AA/RAC etc. have a similar design of tool for removing customers lock-on wheel nuts, if no key tool is availlabe. On the countersunk ones I drill a hole and hammer a torx type screwdriver bit into the hole...which is slightly larger than the hole.
“Alright friends, you have seen the heavy groups, now you will see morning maniac music. Believe me, yeah. It’s a new dawn.” Grace Slick, Woodstock '69 .. In the year of the Sandcast.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal