Author Topic: Paintwork completed  (Read 1424 times)

Offline Moorey

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
Re: Paintwork completed
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2020, 07:44:19 PM »
So did it suit the bike having them colour coded? Seems weird that people haven't done that more.

For instance, my CB1300 had black unpainted panels up to 2008, in 2009 they colour coded them and the difference in how the bike looked was amazing. Mine are colour coded as standard and why others haven't copied the look mystifies me.

£480 is a decent price for that quality of work. When you say badges, did he restore/repaint the badges or supply new ones? Are stripes painted or did he use his own decals? If painted he did an outstanding job of them.

£480 seems like a bargain if they are as good as they look in the photo.

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Offline davefirestorm

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2020, 08:09:56 PM »
Looks nice with side panels painted in that colour.Yes I reckon price I paid excellent,I guess solid paint would have cost more?
Honda CB650Z
Honda F6C Valkyrie

Offline Moorey

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2020, 09:05:41 PM »
Looks nice with side panels painted in that colour.Yes I reckon price I paid excellent,I guess solid paint would have cost more?
[/quote

What colour/paint code did he use on your panels Dave.

Offline Piki

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2020, 10:23:20 PM »
Not happy with the buckles,they’re new ones very sharp edges on them which I filed but look bit cheap/nasty.£480 for paint included doing badges and striping,bought some decals from Diego but he didn’t use them.Anyone want some decals,cheap😁
Looks Great!! a question what decals bought from me?? I dont remember…. ::) ;D

Offline davefirestorm

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2020, 10:35:44 PM »
Codes I gave him I sourced from an American site were of no use as likely just part numbers I don’t think Honda gave codes in the seventies? He had the original tank to get a color match and I went with a stronger metal flake than original side panels he matched to originals
Honda CB650Z
Honda F6C Valkyrie

Offline davefirestorm

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2020, 10:40:46 PM »
Not happy with the buckles,they’re new ones very sharp edges on them which I filed but look bit cheap/nasty.£480 for paint included doing badges and striping,bought some decals from Diego but he didn’t use them.Anyone want some decals,cheap😁

I bought a set of decals for the tank from you Diego plus a set of warning decals,my painter didn’t use the decals he painted the lines on,nothing wrong with the decals you supplied they are good quality👍
Honda CB650Z
Honda F6C Valkyrie

Offline Piki

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2020, 10:44:25 PM »

I bought a set of decals for the tank from you Diego plus a set of warning decals,my painter didn’t use the decals he painted the lines on,nothing wrong with the decals you supplied they are good quality👍
[/quote
I do not remember nothing  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Best Regards

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal