Author Topic: Shoei Neotec 2  (Read 603 times)

Offline Orcade-Ian

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
Shoei Neotec 2
« on: June 12, 2020, 01:35:36 PM »
I realise that helmets are very much down to personal taste but has anyone any experience of the Shoei Neotec 2 helmet?  My old Shoei Synchrotec has been a really comfortable, quiet lid with space for my Interphone bluetooth rig but now is in need of replacement.

Ian

Offline pkrich

• View Profile
Re: Shoei Neotec 2
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2020, 02:52:13 PM »
Hi
I have the 2 and 1 both in same size and to be honest i prefer the old  one and much cheaper just wish i had known
before i bought the 2
pete

Offline flatfour

• SOHC Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2020, 05:34:26 PM »
I have a Neotec 1 that I've owned for around four years. It's fitted with a Scala Rider intercom and has served me well. I've looked at the Neotec 2 and might buy that next, or I could buy another Neotec 1 at the bargain prices that they are now offered for.

Offline Orcade-Ian

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2020, 05:40:39 PM »
Thanks for the replies,
I wondered about the Neotec 1 at such a low price when compared with the ‚new improved‘ 2nd version.  Is the difference so dramatic to warrant the price difference?
Pkrich- why do you think the 1st version is better?  Does the 1st version have the internal sun visor? I would like to have that feature.

Ian

Offline chrisr58

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2020, 09:08:19 PM »
I treated myself to a neotec 2 after having a 1 for years, it’s a lovely helmet but if you can get a 1 for a good price I would say do that, the 2 isn’t worth the extra, and yes they both have a drop down sun visor.

Offline Orcade-Ian

• SOHC Master
    • View Profile
    • Older Vehicle Web
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2020, 10:10:29 PM »
That‘s good news chrisr58 and thanks for the info about the sun visor.  Reading various reports, some seem to have problems with water ingress on the 1 but the 2 has a different seal system - here in Orkney i‘ll have to see what Dr D‘s bike surgery can get hold of for me. The 2 appears to be a better fit around the neck area which won‘t be an issue on the Wing but could be an advantage on the other bikes without the barn door to keep the weather off!
Ian

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal