SOHC.co.uk Forums > CB750

Exhaust systems

<< < (2/4) > >>

Sprunghub:
Ok.....keep an eye on your spam box, if you've got one....that's where my mails usually end up, for some reason.

beveldrive:
Andy
Yes, Im in the same situation as you, it seems. My K7 has the ubiqitous (spelling?) Motad fitted, and like you I'm after a slightly more invigourating sound from the pipe! As I'm 'remodelling' my 750 a bit, I'm happy to deviate from the standard look of this already handsome machine Anyhow, this is my solution:

;D
I plan to mig up a short link pipe from the Motad 4-1 headers and mount this Arrow can high-level.
No doubt I'll post some pics as the project progresses. Not sure how my neighbours will react though ;)

Reagrds
Steve

Sprunghub:
Talking of neighbours.....my next door neighbour has an engineering firm & he's currently re-fabbing a lump of solid staniless steel & a piece of perforated stainless sheet into a 1976 tail end......photo's will follow ;D ;D ;D (if it comes off ....& doesn't come off ! ::) )

Skunkmiester:
I've got the opposite problem. I have just ordered a new set of 4 into 4 baffleless megaphones from Swarbrick. These should sound rather nice methinks. However I will need to be able to get the bike through it's MOT so for one day a year I will need to make the exhausts capable of being quiet so as not to annoy the examiner.

Does anyone know If I will be able to make baffles that are capable of doing this? Or will I need to refit an old quiet 4 into 1 system just for the test?

cheers

SteveD CB500K0:
Get an old Motad off eBay and use that.

Swarbricks are the loudest thing you've ever heard on a racetrack - let alone the road!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version